Apple Cider Vinegar , is there a difference

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin Okie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 27, 2018
Oklahoma City
My wife brought this home from the grocery store Saturday. She's not sure its the same ACV we've been using ( Heinz ) ........... is ACV ... ACV ?

She's not sure about the " raw unfiltered " , and I'm not either

ACV.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
I know people who drink cider vinegar with the "Mother" in it for the supposed health benefits, my wife being one of them, but I have never commandeered any of it for cooking. I'd give it a shot on something I wasn't worried about having to toss.

I’m a daily Bragg Mother drinker when in the office.

No science just my thinking/belief…..

Fermented food is good for us
Braggs ACV is fermented
Therefor it has to be good…..

I have much worse habits if I am wrong about this. 😬

Reactions: Smokin Okie
I’m a daily Bragg Mother drinker when in the office.

No science just my thinking/belief…..

Fermented food is good for us
Braggs ACV is fermented
Therefor it has to be good…..

I have much worse habits if I am wrong about this. 😬
Do you make saure kraute? That is a great place to get natural probiotics and such.

Reactions: Steve H and TH-n-PA
I drink it. Tastes great. The acidity is the same as the regular filtered vinegar.I don't use it for pickling though. Don't like how cloudy it looks in the finished product. And it's too $$$ for that. For dressings it is great.
I also drink pickle juice for night cramps. My favorite is Mount Olive.

I drink it. Tastes great. The acidity is the same as the regular filtered vinegar.I don't use it for pickling though. Don't like how cloudy it looks in the finished product. And it's too $$$ for that. For dressings it is great.
I also drink pickle juice for night cramps. My favorite is Mount Olive.
Night cramps - like, in your legs?

Steve - how much do you drink? Do you drink it straight?

I've been getting woken up with leg cramps the last week or so and it is maddening!

Steve - how much do you drink? Do you drink it straight?

I've been getting woken up with leg cramps the last week or so and it is maddening!
I drink it straight. 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Not trying to be crude. I just take a couple slugs from the bottle since I'm the only one using the pickle juice. If I had a strenuous day. I'll take it twice. Once when I get home. And another after dinner. When doing it twice. The second time is less. 1/2 cup. Best made brand is also good. And cheaper. It usually either stops the cramps. Or makes it easier to work them out. Just be cautious if you're on a salt restricted diet.

I know people who drink cider vinegar with the "Mother" in it for the supposed health benefits, my wife being one of them, but I have never commandeered any of it for cooking. I'd give it a shot on something I wasn't worried about having to toss.
Try a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade with 1-2T of this in it. So refreshing on a hot day. Really kicks it up a notch.

Reactions: Steve H and DougE
I've been reading about folks drinking Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (1 to 2 TBS in a glass of water) for improved health, and tangentially about it helping with night leg cramps. I've always been afraid to try it because I know it is hard on teeth. Nevertheless, yesterday I tried a glass of water with 1 TBS of Bragg's and while I could not drink the entire 8-oz of water (never mind 2-TBS of Bragg's) I made it about 2/3's of the way through, and immediately rinsed with lots of water.

And, I didn't have any leg cramps last night!

I am going to have to read more about this...

Try a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade with 1-2T of this in it. So refreshing on a hot day. Really kicks it up a notch.
I bought some HEB lemonade (it will have to do) and going to give this a try. I'll try anything to get rid of the night leg cramps. I think there might be something to the vinegar.

I think my grandmother used to use vinegar to clean the windows?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky