Apple and Pear Pork Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gremlin

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 27, 2006
Oshawa Ontario Canada
I just tried my latest new sausage endevour and I gotta say IT is GOOD.
Actually it was a joint effort my buddie and I wanted to try and come up with a recipe for pork sausage using a blend of homemade Apple/Pear sauce that his sister inlaw made and blending it with a minimul amount of spice.
Once I get the recipe for the sauce from his sister in law I will post the Sausage recipe
It is a semi sweet, juicey sausage.
I just served it up with boiled spuds, fried onions and some home made brown gravy.
I am posting this cause I know somebody wandering through our smokey domain will remind me if they don't see it posted and I love to tease ur taste buds
icon_evil.gif

Apple and pear sausage.....mm'mm' Gremlin that sounds like a great sausage!!!

BTW... how long of a drive do you think it is from Grand Rapids MI to Oshawa Ontario Canada, because I would like to be a volunteer taste tester!!
biggrin.gif

Apple & Pear Sausage! Jumpin’ Jehosphat!

Don’t listen to her
icon_twisted.gif
I’m sure she has alterior motives (like getting her hands on your meat mixer and other exotic Q implements you might possess), heck I can be there in 6 hours (353 miles) and I IMHO am a professional amateur sausage taster! (course sometimes to get a really accurate opinion, I have been known to consume, oh…I dunno 8-12 links of each), of course I’m willing to make this sacrifice, for the good of the Q brotherhood and of course Canadian-U.S.A. relations
icon_lol.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

What he said!!!!!

Good one UP IN SMOKE........ but how do you know me so well allready?????
icon_mrgreen.gif

390.03 miles from Grand Rapids to Oshawa

276.92 miles from Flint to Oshawa

and i am canadian so i think its only fair i get to try it first..lol

and i use to live only 80 miles away from Gremlin
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

sounds good gremlin ,might be good to add some pear and apple chunks along with sis in-laws sauce,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe even a little cheese and apple wine ,hmmmmmmmmm mind wondering now ,T-bone.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

You guys are killin me.
PDT_Armataz_01_20.gif
I know that you know about the gas shortage and pump closures up here,which means you will be staying for quite a while.
There goes my stash of sausages and that's just for starters.
Wow 8-12 links at a tasting thats 4 to a pound aprox that's 3 lbs each x 3 tastings x # of visiters x 30 days minimum MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!How bout I bring some down to Flint I visit there once or twice a year. You shouldn't have any problem locating me
icon_twisted.gif
.................I'm the one with Ontario plates hahahahahaha
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I will post the recipe when I get the pear and apple recipe, that's the key.

well with the ontario plates that doesnt narrow you down too much here..lol

I use to live in Alliston...i think i need to go visit soon...got friends who live around the Oshawa area

and yes posting the recipe is the key...then you can come taste mine while you are in Flint..lol

That would be a sauce
That's why I need the recipe for the sauce so I know what's in it for spices and ratio of apples to pears.
I know there is some cinnamminnnnnnin (love that word) and NO SUGAR cause they are diabetic and can't use sugar.
But I was thinkin about trying it with chunks just to see how it would turn out.
I turned the house upside down lookin for the copy with the rest of the meat amounts and other ingredients and can't find it.
But I will find it. My buddy may have it.
wink.gif

I was talkin to my buddy and he keeps forgetting to ask. I know he will find out though.
I just have to wait... I will see him tonight at work and I will ask him about it again. Hang in there as soon as I know I will put it all together and post it.
I can remember ,,,garlic and parsley 10 lbs pork and salt but the apple/pear mix was two small bottles.
What makes up the sauce is what's missing
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

It is a home made sauce.
My buddy was over for a hillbilly turkey on Sunday and he forgot to bring the recipe for the mix.
I can't get too impatient with him though.....He bought me the deep frier kit for Christmas
icon_razz.gif
I just made him feel bad enough to bang his head on the table.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky