appetizer ideas plz for 50 high scool seniors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
gotr a big crowd coming over sat night

lineup so far

wings

meatballs

pulled pork

ribs

fries

pig peckers

any more ideas for bulk produced smoked items

thsnks in advance

gotr a big crowd coming over sat night

lineup so far

wings

meatballs

pulled pork

ribs

fries

pig peckers

any more ideas for bulk produced smoked items

thsnks in advance
What no Dutch's beans?  I have a killer coleslaw recipe that is not sweet if you want it send me a PM - Bobby Flay recipe

What no smoked Mac@Cheese
icon14.gif

finger foods fellas,     we want to avoid plates and plasticware

sliced up fatties

I agree, for a wedding we've got coming up I'm doing a chicken cordon bleu fatty (Chicken sausage, Ham, Swiss &  spicy brown mustard)  sliuced thin and put on a toasted piece of ciabatta... The key is getting the fatty sliced pretty thin as well.

Lots of sausage sliced up with a toothpick in it , like the food testers at sams club. Maybe some with smoked cheese, mushroom slices, bell pepper.....you get the picture.

My daughter's gotta have some shrimp or it just ain't a party!   Maybe some fingerling smoked potatoes, like baby bakers?  or smoked potatoes duchesse - piped out little domes (thickened w/ egg yolk and parm) mashed potatoes given a little shot of smoke?  scotch quail or small hb/devilled eggs? skewered chicken tenders - curry or souvlaki?  sliders? smoked tomato and mozz bruschetta?  These could be done ahead and served a bit warmed up or at room temp. just brainstorming here.  There's nothing I love more than a party full of nothing but finger food (and lots of drinks ) Speaking of drinks, my kids love an Italian Soda station at parties - club soda, a bunch of different italian syrups and cream: cans (always fun for everyone), softly whipped, or just heavy cream. more fun than just soda pop.   Keep us posted, I gotta have a bunch of parties in june for my graduate - I'll probably need all the help I can get!  

Smoked deviled eggs

Not smoked but fire up the turkey fryer and do some bacon wrapped shrimp. Use a toothpick to hold the bacon in place and also to serve with

Last edited:
hey bob   no ignorance around here,   a pig pecker is a small sausage wrapped in bacon so the end of the sausage still is exposed   ill post a pic of it so you get the visual

Hey Rick

Here is one we have used many times with really great results 

Mini Baked Potatoes with Blue Cheese

Makes 20

Ingredients

20         Small new or salad potatoes

4           Tbsp vegetable oil

Course Salt

4 oz     Sour Cream

¼ C      Blue Cheese Crumbles

2T         Chopped fresh chives

Directions

Preheat oven to 350

[if !supportLists] 1                     [endif]Wash and Dry Potatoes and toss with oil in a bowl

[if !supportLists] 2                     [endif]Dip the potatoes in salt to coat lightly then spread them on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until tender

[if !supportLists] 3                     [endif]In a small bowl combine sour cream and blue cheese crumbles mixing well

[if !supportLists] 4                     [endif]Cut across the top of each potato. Press gently with you fingers to open

[if !supportLists] 5                     [endif]Top each potato with a generous amount of the blue cheese mixture. Place on a serving dish and garnish with the chives. Serve hot or cool to room temperature.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky