Anyone use this stuffer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...4?WTz_st=GuidedNav&WTz_stype=GNU#BVQAWidgetID

Thoughts?

Looks good, reviews look good.....seems like it'd do what I'd want for a reasonable price (esp. since I have $85 in gift cards/coupons right now). 
Looks about the same as my lem,,, And mine is holding up just fine,,, if you are wanting to do Snack Sticks you will need to buy the smaller 3/8" stuffing tube or make your own. 

Good luck and nice score on the gift cards. 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Looks about the same as my lem,,, And mine is holding up just fine,,, if you are wanting to do Snack Sticks you will need to buy the smaller 3/8" stuffing tube or make your own. 

Good luck and nice score on the gift cards. 

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

x2, I've used one just like it for 7-8 years.  Still works great

To close this out....

I found that what appears to be an IDENTICAL stuffer to the Cabela's one was available at Northern Tool. Cabela's wants $149.99, PA has 6% sales tax. 

Northern Tool wants $99.99 plus $9.99 shipping. 

Found one new/unused on ebay shipped for $88. Sold. Have it in 4 days. :)

To close this out....

I found that what appears to be an IDENTICAL stuffer to the Cabela's one was available at Northern Tool. Cabela's wants $149.99, PA has 6% sales tax. 

Northern Tool wants $99.99 plus $9.99 shipping. 

Found one new/unused on ebay shipped for $88. Sold. Have it in 4 days. :)
Northern tool 5 lb stuffer has plastic gears. Cabelas has steel gears. Get the steel gears if possible. You can get the lem 5 lb stuffer with steel gears for 139.95 with free shipping

Boykjo

Reactions: geezer
Are you sure the Cabela's 5lb model has steel gears? 

The pics sure look plastic...they never have one in the store for me to look at them. The Northern Tool, LEM, and Cabela's are identical in appearance, excep the gears are white for Northern Tool and black for Cabela's. 

I got it for 88 bucks shipped, so if I use it and eventually wear it out, so be it. I'll buy a bigger capacity one then anyway, as I'm sure I'll want a bigger one by then, lol. 

And if they never break, that's ok, too. :)

Ok, so I was apparently groggy last night when I made the purchase online and didn't see the Cabela's site lists its unit as having steel gears. Duh. 

OK, so we'll see how this goes. Hopefully well.... I figure I'll get my money's worth from this unit one way or another. 

I have the Cabelas 5# stuffer and it works just fine and had metal gears that are  black. The LEM metal stuffer tubes fit it also. 

I got it on sale for $99 and cabelas points too. :)

Last edited:

Northern tool 5 lb stuffer has plastic gears. Cabelas has steel gears. Get the steel gears if possible. You can get the lem 5 lb stuffer with steel gears for 139.95 with free shipping

Boykjo
My LEM stuffer just arrived today.  I got the one on Amazon.  Pretty good deal.  I'm hoping it preforms well.  Can't wait to try it out.

Just an update....got the Kitchener. Definitely not made like a Cabela's unit that I've seen. 

But....

It worked great. 

If/when it wears out, I'll go bigger and better. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky