1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone near Green Bay

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Members' started by kallud, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Was wondering if there is anyone in or near Green Bay to maybe get some help with my build electrician would be very helpful or someone comfortable with electrical components of a smoker.

2. JC in GB

JC in GB Smoking Fanatic

A bit late but I am in Green Bay....

3. Me too! Cold as all get out here.

JC in GB likes this.
  4. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

If it counts I'm down in the Fox Valley..though this thread is from 2017.. LOL

Watson and JC in GB like this.
  5. Carvendive

Carvendive Fire Starter

I'm in Shawano. Brand new to smoking. Only used charcoal smoker but getting a REC TEC this month. (RT-590)

JC in GB likes this.
  6. JC in GB

JC in GB Smoking Fanatic

Nice. You will have to let me know how that RT-590 performs for you.

7. Carvendive

Carvendive Fire Starter

Will do. The 900 has a add on smoke box for $$$ that's supposed to be good for cheese and the like but I'm hoping that using a AMPS in the 590 without running the pellet will suffice. I'm also getting the searing plates for burgers and brats so I'll be anxious to see if they perform well enough.

8. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

2 year old thread and the OP only has 10 posts, but if you consider 970 miles then I'm fairly close. :emoji_blush:

Chris

9. TomKnollRFV

Let me fire up the old jet then Chris ;)

JC in GB likes this.
  10. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tom I'm game as long as it isn't a Boeing 737 max.

Chris

11. Carvendive

Carvendive Fire Starter

Hey, I resent that, (kidding) Boeing is funding my retirement! PLUS!!! They gave me a free Brinkman when I retired.

12. TomKnollRFV

LOL! I ain't flown in years honestly. Last time I did was going to Europe and I forgot what jets we got on!

Hey if you ever get a hankering to see planes and all..EAA is nearby me. Maybe we could all do a meet up there some time and have some pulled pork after?

13. Carvendive

Carvendive Fire Starter

That sounds like a great idea!

14. TomKnollRFV

You bet! Specially with summer coming up! Let me know :)