Anyone have a dog like this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have three and when the chickens started doing their morning bickering all three start howling and baying. Also if there are ever any sirens they do the same. And for some reason, if a UPS or FEDEX truck even drives by they bark at it.

Reactions: JLeonard
Brian, so sorry to hear this. We lost our beloved Sassy last October at 14. It was terrible but had no choice. Now we're left with a 13 year old Shaggy and a 9 year old Sunny. Shaggy has mostly good days and some bad ones. Some days he won't move out of his bed, other days he runs around like a maniac, lol.

Brian, so sorry to hear this. We lost our beloved Sassy last October at 14. It was terrible but had no choice. Now we're left with a 13 year old Shaggy and a 9 year old Sunny. Shaggy has mostly good days and some bad ones. Some days he won't move out of his bed, other days he runs around like a maniac, lol.
She is really doing pretty good for the most part. I up the pain pills some. Going to the river all most every day what keeps her going and good therapy for me also!

Reactions: MJB05615
After we lost our buddies in ‘19we thought we had to swear off … too painful … then we caved and rescued these sisters a couple years later …
IMG_3190.jpeg

I would kike to adopt again but our pounds only have Pit Bulls and Chihuahuas. All the decent dogs get swept up by dog rescues that get them first and just want to make a large profit for it.

In California buying a pure breed is pretty much a thing in the past. The few that do exist just rake up the prices to extreme levels.

Buying on Craigslist is getting harder as well. They are in very shady areas I would not go to with money in hand.

I have looked to buying out of state but that is now harder as well. My wife wants a pure breed Cocker Spaniel but they are no longer a popular breed.

My wife wants a pure breed Cocker Spaniel but they are no longer a popular breed.
Breed rescues can be a good way to go if you're serious . Not sure where you're at exactly , but a quick search for Southern Cal turned up 2 Cocker rescues . One in San Diego and one in Sherman Oaks .

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Very sorry to hear this Brian, you know how we all feel around here about our 4 legged family members.

I know it has been said before and we all hate to hear it.
But you know when it is time to let our loved ones go and have peace.

We have 2 that are on my mind everyday 17 years and 14 years. and Lola 17 is showing lots of signs
and like you , the time is coming way faster than anyone wants.

Brian our heart goes out to you with this decision on your mind

David

Very sorry to hear this Brian, you know how we all feel around here about our 4 legged family members.

I know it has been said before and we all hate to hear it.
But you know when it is time to let our loved ones go and have peace.

We have 2 that are on my mind everyday 17 years and 14 years. and Lola 17 is showing lots of signs
and like you , the time is coming way faster than anyone wants.

Brian our heart goes out to you with this decision on your mind

David
I hear you. What ever going on is happening fast. She starting to stop eating now. At least the river still brings a smile to her. She managed to have a little fun in the water yesterday.

Very sorry to hear Brian. Cherish the remaining time, but you will know when. You have provided her many yrs of love and care and I'm sure she appreciates every bit of it. :emoji_pray:

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Brian,

So sorry to hear this. Like the others said, you'll know when it's time. We had to make the decision last October, we lost our beloved Sassy, 15 years young. We still think about her every day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky