Anyone have a dog like this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Man it sure is hard to clean patio with Gretchen! I let her do her thing as she was hurting pretty bad this morning. Tried to get on couch and fell. Poor baby. She closing in on 14. I keep her active but her hip really starting to hurt her. This going to be a tough year.

She bites the water at thr river also then chokes on it. Crazy dog.

I've seen similar when we had our pack. It's tough to watch them try to do the things they used to do freely and enjoy. I never used the spray gun with our dogs. They used to like it when I set up the sprinkler or just let the water flow out from the hose. Skidmark the last pup used to like catching bees in his mouth.

Chris

Man it sure is hard to clean patio with Gretchen! I let her do her thing as she was hurting pretty bad this morning. Tried to get on couch and fell. Poor baby. She closing in on 14. I keep her active but her hip really starting to hurt her. This going to be a tough year.

She bites the water at thr river also then chokes on it. Crazy dog.

My rotti used to splash to make bubbles and try to eat them. He also chocked on them. He lived for 13 years and died of a massive heart attack. Never would come inside even if it was 40 below, I would have to drag him in. He hated the indoors. Great dog and miss him.

• Love
Reactions: FritzHlzr
Bob loves jumping into the pool, runs into the house thru his doggie door if I get near the hose, don't like being squirted. RAY
Ours hated the pool, but loved the sprinklers. Even Stink, which surprised me because he was a lab/retriever mix. White Dope, the wolf-hybrid whenever I had a bonfire he'd lie down as close to the fire as he could. Drove my wife and I nuts.

Never would come inside even if it was 40 below, I would have to drag him in. He hated the indoors. Great dog and miss him.
Our first dog was like that. He was a husky/malamute mix. Outside 24/7/365. The dog never barked either. He would howl when he heard the coyotes in the hills around our house. He was also very protective of our family.

Chris

I cleaned all my grills and smokers today. Now that the WSM clean I guess I will use it. The pellet pooper is so much easier! I going to start using some kind of disposable pan in it.

I had one that would watch TV for hours at a time and knew everything that was going on. You would of had to seen to believe! Any animal that would come across screen she would go nuts. When ever people fought she would jump on them and when people pulled their guns on westerns she would bark and jump on them.

She watches TV like a hawk. She's not a fan of cats, coyotes/wolves , or bears. Gets up on her hind legs trying to get up to the tv whenever they come on.
20220425_203635.jpg

My rotti used to splash to make bubbles and try to eat them. He also chocked on them. He lived for 13 years and died of a massive heart attack. Never would come inside even if it was 40 below, I would have to drag him in. He hated the indoors. Great dog and miss him.
Cool video. I think that how we hope for them to go. Taking another one to the vet going to break me!

Taking another one to the vet going to break me!

I hear you Brian, It is a very hard but necessary thing that we have to do as we love them and they love and trust us unconditionally .

Our oldest is having a very bad year as she is getting older ( 17 this Aug. ) so many little issues that the breed normally has . But now like Gretchen , Lola's back legs are starting to give her problems. The vet says they are just not working like they should , she is in no pain and they checked with xray, but when Mona comes home Lola runs around the house like she has no problem at all, but when she gets excited she will than cough for a while. She is on lots of meds for a few different things , but happy and eating and drinking

I know her time is coming and it kills me to have to take them , but I know it is the right thing t do.

David

I have a pittie that makes me scratch my head all the time when it comes to water - Loves a pool, Loves a shower, Loves a bath! Will play with the hose and the sprinkler.

But let it rain, and its like pulling teeth to get her to go outside to do her buisness........

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Brian, ask your Vet. for some, Gabapentin and Meloxicam, you will be amazed how well it works on old dogs that have daily aches and pains.
We got two more yrs out of our last Lab. because of how well it works for them.
My wife has been an R.V.T. registered Vet. Tech. for over 40 years.

Good luck.
Dan.

Reactions: JLeonard
Brian, ask your Vet. for some, Gabapentin and Meloxicam, you will be amazed how well it works on old dogs that have daily aches and pains.
We got two more yrs out of our last Lab. because of how well it works for them.
My wife has been an R.V.T. registered Vet. Tech. for over 40 years.

Good luck.
Dan
She been on Carprofen and Gabapentin for years. I have an appointment Thursday. I will ask about Meloxicam

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky