Anyone able to ID this Kamado?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nutt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 19, 2011
Fort Collins Colorado
D6F384DC-6636-45B2-BF67-2D938F636558.jpeg

I am trying to look into this to buy but having a hard time! Not sure if worth anything or not????
The previous owner used it frequently, reason for selling is he had to move so gave to neighbor to sell. Naturally the seller knows nothing about it.

If anyone can tell me anything I would appreciate it greatly!!

I would ditch the cart and build a table for it.
I live where winter is cold and like to smoke all year so this would be nice to have if it‘s a good egg.
I have been playing with idea going the BGE route if find a good deal.......

Looks like it might be an older Akorn.

The busted up charcoal ring would be a deal breaker for me unless I knew for sure who manufactured it and if replacements are availalbe.

How much is the seller asking?

That’s what I’m worried about as well 2nd smoker!
I didn’t know about the broken ring til today.

The guy is asking too much.....$750!!!

But it may be out of ignorance cuz he not a grilled/smoker. He sounds younger, I feel bad for him cuz he might be hoping to get BGE $$$ out of it.

That’s what I’m worried about as well 2nd smoker!
I didn’t know about the broken ring til today.

The guy is asking too much.....$750!!!
Oh hell no!! You can find a decent new one for that price. Look at Vision maybe. Used you can score a BGE or Primo for thst price, maybe even with a table.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
While the busted up charcoal ring is probably a non issue, if I was plunking down $750, I would want perfection.
As Jcam said, for that price you can buy a new one and not have any worries and a warranty to boot.

Ya here there is a large BGE used less than 5 times for $700 and it’s the same drive from here!!!

I’m thinking I would take it for $350 but that’s about it...what you guys think? Figured would limp the ring along til find another one. Probably change mind tmrw LoL

I have such a mental block with bge’s, don’t know why! Perhaps if you want Kamado then you are expected to go that route?

Anyways I never think of the Primo line because that’s always too high of a bar in my mind. Well we will see what my email brings tmrw cuz there was a nice Primo XL on CL put on this afternoon!! Can’t beat a $500 Primo XL in great condition that is only 2 yo, ya baby!!!
I will report back ;-)

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I have such a mental block with bge’s, don’t know why! Perhaps if you want Kamado then you are expected to go that route?

Anyways I never think of the Primo line because that’s always too high of a bar in my mind. Well we will see what my email brings tmrw cuz there was a nice Primo XL on CL put on this afternoon!! Can’t beat a $500 Primo XL in great condition that is only 2 yo, ya baby!!!
I will report back ;-)

There you go. That sounds worthy of consideration.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky