Any upgrades I can make to GMG JB Prime Plus?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nursewizzle

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 10, 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
So I just picked up a new auger motor for my cooker, its under warranty so we just walked in to the dealer and they gave us a new one, they've been having known issues with the other one for whatever reason.

So I got to thinking, while I'm effing around in there, what else can I do? They threw in one of the new ceramic igniters, even though there really wasn't anything wrong with the old one. I just like tinkering around I guess.

A while back when I had a Pit Boss I remember people were replacing the control boards with 3rd party controllers. Do people still do this? Anything else anyone can think of? Not looking to "mod" anything, more just looking for "upgraded" hardware, if that makes sense.

I think the usual upgrade path is to buy a new cooker. Not many accessories or aftermarket options out there. Third party controllers probably won't be around much longer since manufactures aren't using identical OEM controllers anymore.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky