Any reviews on the Masterbuilt 600B, anything at all??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

acgreen95

Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
RoSharon, Tx
So I am not the best meat smoker in the land I admit it. I am very subpar, lol. Of course I’ve never tried to learn, my dad is a smoke king but as a kid I didn’t care. Now at 46 I kinda really want to learn. So I’ve been eyeing a Pitboss pellet smoker for a while now. Keep complaining to the wife it’s just not at my price range. So today while at Sams my lovely wife decided to help me. So she purchased a Masterbuilt 600B for a really good price. Now I am sure this is a beginner pellet smoker lol but I damn sure not going to tell the wife NO. SOOOOOOOO does anyone have any details on this smoker? Any help on things to do to get me learning how to smoke, or should I take it back for better quality? What do y’all think my Smoking meat buddies???

Reactions: Cisco726
I don't think I ever met a bad 1 yet, for the best smoke flavor the lowest temp will help, other than that hit it every chance you can and try different flavor and brands of pellets. You can add a smoke tube for about $20 from Walmart that can add more smoke. They can make great grilled foods also so don't pass it up to cook a burger or piece of chicken.

Nice of the wife even if it wasn't exactly what you wanted. I've seen them at Sam's. Looks like a good unit to get your feet wet on. Especially for the price. Cook her some great meat and move up to what you want when you can afford it.

Nice of the wife even if it wasn't exactly what you wanted. I've seen them at Sam's. Looks like a good unit to get your feet wet on. Especially for the price. Cook her some great meat and move up to what you want when you can afford it.
That’s just what I was thinking

I bought one Dec 14th 2019. It was great until Sunday, it wouldnt light. It would not do anything but light the power switch lol. Opened a case with Masterbuilt, no reply as of today. Took back to Sams and got a refund this am. Going to buy a RecTec based on a whole lot of comments about thier support. Also I asked RecTec support some pre-sales questions last evening and got a reply this morning! so there ya go.

I just picked one of these up for $64 from Sam’s! It was a floor model apparently and when I got home I realized it was missing a couple pieces. The grease catch was an easy fix, an empty citronella candle bucket and the little hopper cleanout door was missing was worked around with a piece of cardboard covering the hole. I had emailed MB for the missing parts and they responded with a link to buy the parts and they didn’t even have the parts available!! I was also looking for reviews and pretty much nada on it. Cooked a Tri tip on it and at the end of it got a bit wonky with the temps fluctuating. It would drop to under 200f so I turned it up and it would go way past what I wanted. It got to 275f when I had it set to 250. I’d turn it down and it would drop again. I guess the end result is what really matters and to be honest I like the taste better on my Cuisinart propane smoker, but this is convenient for long cooks where I don’t have to sit next to it all night.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky