Any Interest In A NC Gathering?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, let's do this, our first competition, but let's make it light, so those that have a favorite recipe can earn ribbons.

Most of us are new to competition.  Let's focus more on the training than on the competing.  Those that have competed should teach others.

I'm a trained but not certfied national judge. In other words, I sat in on the training for the judges that judged us at a state level.  In our first year, we don't need to be certified.  So lets do it according to national rules.  I can get them and lead a class for judges.

It can happen.

I have a friend that lives in Concord. I would love to attend. I am just started getting serious about smoking and would love to attend for the learning experience. I am a amateur radio operator and could set up a remote station if any interested. Nothing like tending the smoker and talking to folks all over the world. Let me know would love to attend and assist any way I can for the learning experience!

Absolutely, let's do this, our first competition, but let's make it light, so those that have a favorite recipe can earn ribbons.

Most of us are new to competition.  Let's focus more on the training than on the competing.  Those that have competed should teach others.

I'm a trained but not certfied national judge. In other words, I sat in on the training for the judges that judged us at a state level.  In our first year, we don't need to be certified.  So lets do it according to national rules.  I can get them and lead a class for judges.

It can happen.

A competition would be fun but the purpose of this is just for those who want to attend to get to meet other SMF'ers, make and eat some great food,  and create some memories. It is a very laid back event.

Here's me in full competition mode

e1bfeb12_laidback.png

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky