Any "BACON MAKERS" in the Pensacola area?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

westofantasea

Original poster
Dec 19, 2014
Hi.

I have been an inactive SMF member for a while.  Been very busy, but looks like things will slow down a bit.  Is there anybody in the Pensacola area that I can pick your brain?  Just getting started with bacon and ham.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Hi.

I have been an inactive SMF member for a while.  Been very busy, but looks like things will slow down a bit.  Is there anybody in the Pensacola area that I can pick your brain?  Just getting started with bacon and ham.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Hi there and welcome!

I'm not in the Pensacola area but I can say there is a lot of info on this forum that can help you out.  I did my first 2 bacon smokes this year all with information I learned from this forum.  I also tried to provide answers for questions I had that I could not find answers about like skin on/off, can different wood smoke flavor be noticed, and is there a difference between taking the bacon to fully cooked Internal Temp (IT) of 145F vs something like 125F that is not fully cooked.

I put all of my information here for my 1st time smoke.  It is very detailed and feel free to check it out and ask any questions you have and I'm sure people will chime in.  Best of luck! :)

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/...ng-some-bacon-mysteries-solved-qview-included

West...  I'm about as close as one can get....  Up here in Washington State...   but I've got a 'puter...  

What you need.....

Hey Tall,  thanks. I will check out that site and I'm quite sure you will be hearing from me again.  I appreciate your help.

Hey Dave, thanks for the response.  Just a little hesitant to jump off into something new.  I have gleaned a little info so far, hopefully will pick up more.  I will be asking more questions and am looking forward to the responses.  Thank you.

Hi Tall,  Just looked at your other post.  It was great.  I will be asking more questions soon.  Thanks.

Hi Tall,  Just looked at your other post.  It was great.  I will be asking more questions soon.  Thanks.
No problem. I'm glad it could help.  Ask away when you get the chance :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky