Another use of the bacon weave - The BLTC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got moved to beef because this is a ground beef burger with toppings of bacon and garden fluff?

My garden is 2-4 weeks behind due to weather, work, rabbits, deer, and me.
My absolute favorite sandwich is the first BLT with garden fresh tomato.
2nd favorite is the grilled burger with garden tomato

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Hey folks, I hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying their summer. I've been pretty busy with work and chores around here. So my time has been limited, but I thought I'd pop on and share a nice cool lite summer meal - not to mention pretty darn tasty also

To start off, many of you know I've been using the bacon weave on a few meals besides fatties. Theres been the slider and ultimate double cheese burger as well. Last night the wife and I felt like a BLT, but didn't want to heat up the kitchen. So off to the kettle I went.

The 22" kettle was already outside so I decided to use it instead of the 26". In hindsight I should have grabbed the 26"(bacon burn on the edges).

Anyway here's the weave tucked inbetween the charcoal baskets. Added two burgers for skidmark.
View attachment 456508

This bacon was unfortunately a mom-n-pop store brand, and I wasn't really impressed with it. However the grocers were packed full of people and my choices were limited.

After the first flip: Notice on the previous pic of the 22" kettle the bacon sits on top of the baskets. When I use the 26" kettle that's a non-issue.
View attachment 456509

Bacons off the kettle and sliced into quarters.
View attachment 456510

Lightly toasted onion roll with a slice of melted cheddar on each half(Thus the added C)

View attachment 456511

Add a square of bacon to each half:

View attachment 456512

Then finish with some homegrown lettuce and tomatoe slice: Mayo was added inbetween the tomatoe and lettuce.
View attachment 456513

A shot from the front:

View attachment 456514

That's all, thanks to taking a look.

Chris
Awesome job bud!

Got moved to beef because this is a ground beef burger with toppings of bacon and garden fluff?

My garden is 2-4 weeks behind due to weather, work, rabbits, deer, and me.
My absolute favorite sandwich is the first BLT with garden fresh tomato.
2nd favorite is the grilled burger with garden tomato

Na the burgers were for skidmark my dog. Our neighbors garden is flourishing and she's been pretty generous dropping off bags of goodies. My wife will be repaying her when our grapes ripen. Then we'll have some homemade jam and jellies.

I think more likely to die OF ... but going with a smile, and none of us are getting outta here alive.

DIe of is the correct term. LOL. I try to limit my bacon consumption to once or twice a month. I have a tendency to go overboard with it, but it's just so dang good. Thanks for the like and compliment also.

Chris

Last edited:
Awesome job bud!

Much appreciated Justin for the like and compliment. How ya been these days?

Forgot to post
Mighty fine job. I hope you made the neighbors drool.

Oh I try my best to do exactly that. Especially the ones I don't care for. I do share the bounty with a couple of them, but not as much as I used to. Thanks Fueling for the kind words and like.

Chris

Reactions: Fueling Around
pi guy pi guy Thanks for the like appreciate it.

Chris

Stressful. In the process of packing and moving. We need to move out of our house by next week and we are not sure if we can move into our new place yet.

Don't get overly stressed out about it. Things like that have a way of working out in the end. BTW congratulations on the new digs.

Chris

Reactions: yankee2bbq
i use one of those copper mats for and bacon is one of the items that works very good. also chicken , fries, onion rings, buttered burger buns ect.. my daughter gave a set of two for christmas several yrs ago.. they season nicely.. and easy to clean. anybody else use them??

I've got a roll of the copper mats. I bought them for a special smoke a few years ago. I just haven't gotten around to doing it or using the mats. Glad to hear they work well and are easy to clean up.

Chris

Sorry I missed this one IH 1026 IH 1026 thanks for the like appreciate it.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky