Another Turkey Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peavley

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Louisiana
I am planning on cooking 4 Turkeys for our company next Wednesday.  I am wondering if the cook time will be extended because I will be putting four birds in the smoker.  I have an offset horizontal smoker (Oklahoma Joe).  I figured as long as I keep them all about the same size I should be OK right?  If they are all around 13-15 pounds, what do y'all think the cook time will be?...I know to go off of temp, but just so I know when to get started if we want to eat at noon.  I am thinking I would keep the smoking temp around 300-325 and maybe rotate the birds, so the one closer to the fire box does not dry out.

Any advise will be appreciated

It will probably take a little bit longer with more birds but if you are running at temps around 300-325 that will take the time way down as well. I would think around 5 hours give or take.  Are you going to brine the birds and/or inject them at all? I am doing 9 birds myself this week and am very excited. I have done plenty of birds before but never more then one at a time so. Hope yours turn out great. 

icon_cool.gif

I agree with Rbrans on the turkey timing thingy. It shouldn't change the time that much for more birds. I would however leave plenty of time for the birds to smoke thou.  

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky