Another SV tongue...smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
SV at 160 for 24h. Took one out (there were two) - couldnt peel. Back in the bag for another 12h. Skin came right off.

20200122_161500-1-1.jpg

Then in the smoker for 8h (cold smoke).

Interesting.... I was thinking and in fact am planning on cooking beef tongue using SV method. Never done this before but would cook it for 6-7 hours based on thickness. So, 24+12=36 hours is time to cook a beef tongue? Wow, That's long... but based on your experience the skin comes off easily after 36 hours. Good to know and thank you for sharing. How did you smoke it? Before SV or after? How long and at what temperature?

Interesting.... I was thinking and in fact am planning on cooking beef tongue using SV method. Never done this before but would cook it for 6-7 hours based on thickness. So, 24+12=36 hours is time to cook a beef tongue? Wow, That's long... but based on your experience the skin comes off easily after 36 hours. Good to know and thank you for sharing. How did you smoke it? Before SV or after? How long and at what temperature?
I also did 48hbefore. I thought it was overkill....not really.

Cold smoked after SV.

Well now. I have a SV and a few tounges in the freezer. Gonna try this.

Boy I haven't had beef tongue in a long time, but I sure loved it as a cold cut between a couple of slices of good rye bread!
Al

Forgot to give my review: very tender, yet still holds shape, very mild taste; muted smoke flavour. It's great.

That has to be Awesome!!
Like Al, it's been a long time, but the way you made it sounds Great, and I could easily put it in Rye Bread & Hit it with Hot Mustard!!
Nice Job Atomic!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky