Another spit-roasted prime chuck shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Bought a 10-lb 6-oz prime chuck shoulder from HEB
IMG_1597.JPG

After I trimmed it up it was 6-lbs even - I have ~4-lbs of trimmings in the freezer for future burgers. Dry brined it overnight with coarse sea salt, then tied it and gave it a rub of SPOG, stuck the spit through it, and set it over a mesquite fire.

At a perfect 120-degrees internal, pulled it off, covered it with aluminum foil and a couple of towels and let it rest for 20-minutes.

It came out awesome - I cannot say enough good about spit roasting a roast beef! Tender, juicy, evenly cooked and awesome flavor. Excellent!
IMG_1602.JPG

Another spit roasted prime chuck shoulder by RS.

Thank you gentlemen. I am a little under the weather today - body getting used to Ozempic...

Crushed another one!! Man that looks good. Absolutely perfect cook on that roast. I can easily see you starting the next SMF trend with these posts. Beautiful job.

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
Crushed another one!! Man that looks good. Absolutely perfect cook on that roast. I can easily see you starting the next SMF trend with these posts. Beautiful job.

Robert
Thank you sir - been dealing with some challenges lately so this lifted my spirits. I am really hooked on that open fire spit roasting thing!

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky