• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Another Saturday smoke session

urbanfarmer

Joined Jan 23, 2014
Another Saturday smoke session is in the books! Friends and family and several hours tending the fire. I forgot to take before pictures but I have a few after... 4 racks of ribs and a pile of chicken wings. No sauce put on ( optional for anyone who wanted it... I don’t personally prefer sauce). Homemade sriracha maple sauce for the wings and hickory bbq for the ribs. 2 different rubs on the ribs... 7 hour smoke for the ribs and 3 for the wings. Did the 321 method with the ribs but I went 3.5 2.5 1.

Attachments

Colin1230

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Wow, I'll bet that made everyone happy!
Oh, and welcome back to the forum.

urbanfarmer

Joined Jan 23, 2014
All looks good to me. what temp were you at?
I kept the smokehouse between 225 and 250 for most of the day. I find with using a wood stove and burning full size firewood (16”) there is a bit of fluctuation in the temps. Still trying to fine tune the process using the dampers and the draft. Probably have a 30 degree difference from high to low temp.

urbanfarmer

Joined Jan 23, 2014
Wow, I'll bet that made everyone happy!
Oh, and welcome back to the forum.
Yes everyone seemed to be pleased with supper. Even got a couple “these are the best ribs I’ve ever had” . And thanks I’m glad to be back!
Great job. Looks great. Hummm.
Thank you very much. I was very happy with the end result, first attempt at wings. Still learning with this new smokehouse.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.