Another Pulled Pork Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave from mesa

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 8, 2009
Mesa, az
I know there have been lots of these lately so if no one comments I know why.

Wifes 65th B-Day party on Sun and she wanted PP. Decided to cook 2 8.5 lb pork butts on Sat to make sure everything was done. Good thing as we would have been eating on Mon.

Put my rub on the day before the smoke.

Here it is just before putting it in the smoker.

Just got on of Tod's A-Maz-N pellet smokers so this was a great chance to try it out. Used Pitmasters Choice pellets.

Put the butts in at 0530 at 225-230 Didn't foil them throughout the cook.

This is the first one that came out a 1730 at 205 deg. Wrapped it in foil and st it in a cooler for 1 hr.

Used JJ's Finishing Sauce when we pulled it.

The second one came off at 2130 but was only 190deg but we were getting tired by then and just took it off.

Didn't take the pic till after we pulled it as we were really tired by then.

Reheated it in a crock pot on Sun and it turned out great. Sorry for no pics of the finished product as things were a little busy around here. Still kicking myself for that.

Served it with some of sauce and some of Jeff's BBQ sauce.

Fed around 35 ppl and got lots of compliments.

Glad it turned out good.

thanks

I'm a big fan of doing pulled pork a day or two in advance, and reheating. I like to enjoy the party and not be stressed over getting the cook done. Looks and sounds like yours turned out great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky