Another Prime Rib (Hickory Smoke)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow Bear those pics almost made me lick my iPad. I have been waiting to find a good deal on some myself. I might try Costco and see what they have.

Its 30min past midnight and I should probably get off the forum because all these pics are making me hungry.

Dude seriously!!? You are killing me with those pictures!! Ive been wanting to do this for a while now and now that i got the MES i will be trying this soon. Looks amazing!!!

Bear That looks great, very nice job, Will have to give that a try, never see those prices around here.
Thank You Sir!!

We don't see these prices often either. That's why I bought 70 pounds last time.

Hoping to see them next week !!

Bear

Wow Bear those pics almost made me lick my iPad. I have been waiting to find a good deal on some myself. I might try Costco and see what they have.

Its 30min past midnight and I should probably get off the forum because all these pics are making me hungry.
Thank You Shaky!!!

Costco has to be a good chance!!

Bear

Dude seriously!!? You are killing me with those pictures!! Ive been wanting to do this for a while now and now that i got the MES i will be trying this soon. Looks amazing!!!
Thank You!!

All of my Step by Steps (in my Signature below) are designed for the MES.

Bear

Looks incredible! Have to, have to, have to give that a try.
I Thank You!!

Do it----You'll Love It !!

Bear

BUT...... don't forget and let them sit in the freezer too long. I wonder what the experts say, 4 to 6 months on non-cryo beef?
This one was in my freezer @ Zero degrees for 24 months. I vacuum sealed it when I bought it.

I don't usually keep them that long, but I was in the Hospital for 28 days, and it took another 8 months for anything to smell or taste good again.I have one left yet.

Bear

Bear

Mighty fine lookin PR there. Makes my mouth water just looking at it.

Did you put it in the MES straight from the fridge or let it come up in temp a bit?

Does putting it in a pan effect the way it takes smoke as opposed to just putting in on the rack w/o the pan?

Gonna do one for Christmas and hope it comes out as nice as yours.

thanks

Bear

Mighty fine lookin PR there. Makes my mouth water just looking at it.

Did you put it in the MES straight from the fridge or let it come up in temp a bit?

Does putting it in a pan effect the way it takes smoke as opposed to just putting in on the rack w/o the pan?

Gonna do one for Christmas and hope it comes out as nice as yours.

thanks
Thanks Dave!!

I always go right from the fridge to the smoker on all meats not cured.

This Prime Rib was actually testing if the smoke is as good in a foil pan. The answer was, "Yes, as long as it's sitting on a wire cooling rack inside the pan" (as in my pictures).

BTW: If you're doing one for Christmas, this one is actually my best of all times:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110433/prime-rib-new-best-ever

Bear

Last edited:

3:00------------Insert sterile probe into center of Roast. Internal Temp is at 109*

Bear

What do you use to sterilize the probe? I usually just clean it real well but am not sure it is sterilized.

Bear

What do you use to sterilize the probe? I usually just clean it real well but am not sure it is sterilized.
I wash the probes & cable after each use with a hot scrub sponge.

Then before I insert it into the meat, I rub the probe down with an alcohol wipe. That's the little pad they rub your arm with before you get a shot or get a blood test. They are cheap if you get a box of them at a Drug Store.

Bear

That's a sweet meal. Awesome!
superjob.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky