Another Prime Rib getting Split Up.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Another Prime Rib getting Split Up.

This is another "Choice" Prime Rib getting cut up into "4" smaller meals, because I can’t Smoke any more.
So first I cut the bones off, and save them for a future Awesome Dino Bone Cook.
Then I cut the Roast into 3 nice equal sized Ribeye Steaks.
I never used to Sous Vide Choice Ribeye Steaks, but since I had a couple of Prime Ribeyes, I started SVing the Choice Ribeyes.
So first I SV’d this Ribeye.

Then I used the “Smart Probe”, and let the Ninja do the thinking for me.
The first thing I did was Marinate the Steak in some Teriyaki Sauce for about 4 hours in the Fridge.
Then I turned on the Ninja, and selected “Grill”, which will default the nnja temp to “HI” 500°.
Then I selected “Preset” which will cause the Unit to Default to “Beef”.
Then I chose “5” for the amount of Doneness I want, from the list of 1 to 9 settings.
Choosing “5” caused the “Target Temp” of 121° to go up on the left, on the screen.
That’s it—The Settings are complete.

The first thing that happens is the Pre-heat, which takes about 5 to 8 minutes.
Then the Ninja reads “ADD FOOD” on the screen, so I did that.
Now the Count-down begins—Mine started at 45° from that point, and kept going Slowly for awhile.
Then it went faster & faster, once the Cold center started warming up.
Then when the Internal Temp hit about 81°, the screen read “FLIP FOOD”, so I did that.
Then when the target Temp of 121° was reached by the Internal Temp, the Unit Beeped to let me know it’s time to “Rest” the Meat.
So I moved the steak, with probe still in it, to a plate for the next 5 minutes, while the Ninja did the counting.
That was it—I took some Pics & cut our portions out of that one steak.
I added some Broccoli and Baked Tater to my plate, and I was a Happy Bear!

Mrs Bear made another “Raspberry Chiffon Pie”. If you want to make one, below is a Link to the Step by Step::
Raspberry Chiffon Pie (Mrs Bear's Recipe)

Thanks for visiting,

Bear

Dino Ribs on the left, 3 Ribeyes on the right, all from a "Choice" Prime Rib:
IMG_8191.JPG

My Ninja Smart Grill:
IMG_8199.JPG

After first flip:
IMG_8200.JPG

During 5 minute rest:
IMG_8201.JPG

Showing inside--All Plenty Juicy: Making Me Hungry Again!!
IMG_8202.JPG

Bear's Supper:
IMG_8203.JPG

Mrs Bear starting my favorite Pie!! Starts with partially set JELL-O:
IMG_8208.JPG

Raspberries:
IMG_8209.JPG

12 ounce bag of Frozen Raspberries:
IMG_8210.JPG

Mixing:
IMG_8212.JPG

Pie all done, without the fancies on top:
IMG_8214.JPG

Another angle:
IMG_8215.JPG

Bear's first helping:
IMG_8219.JPG

What's left after 2 nights:
IMG_8220.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8220.JPG
    IMG_8220.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Looks great Bear.

Haven't done steak in mine yet.I want to get a little better handle on my Ninja before I try steak.

Looks great Bear.

Haven't done steak in mine yet.I want to get a little better handle on my Ninja before I try steak.

Yup---I did the same.
It took me awhile to figure out the difference between the settings when you're just cooking with Temp & Time, and the settings you use when you're using the "Smart" feature, with the Smart probe inserted.
Like this one above---You tell it the Internal Temp you want it finished to, and it will tell you when to Flip, and when to remove to a plate to rest. Mine ended up exactly how we like them.

Bear

Another good one Bear!

I picked up 38lbs of rib roasts this week on sale...too bad they separated the bones first and tied them back on so I am sure they don't have as much meat on as yours. But the steaks are huge. I got 9 - 1.5" thick rib eyes out of the first 13 pounder.

Reactions: MJB05615
Nice looking plate of prime John. I could go for a slice.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow! I was doing a prime rib roast tomorrow, but you have me thinking of breaking them down instead! Great looking meal Bear!

Beautiful breaking down that roast into steaks. Of course, when you have steaks like that it's paramount to cook one....for experimentation and quality control purposes of course :emoji_wink: Nice job Bear and I'm loving Mrs' Bear's pie.

Robert

Wow, you are eatin' good in the hood John, love that pie too! RAY
Thank You Ray!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Another good one Bear!
I picked up 38lbs of rib roasts this week on sale...too bad they separated the bones first and tied them back on so I am sure they don't have as much meat on as yours. But the steaks are huge. I got 9 - 1.5" thick rib eyes out of the first 13 pounder.
Thank You Cliff!!
I wish they wouldn't do that, unless someone asks for it.
They never leave enough meat on the bone side of the cut.
And what good does it do?
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Steak is as always, perfect. But lets talk about your will power on that pie.....On the second day you still got HALF A PIE LEFT!!!!!! You are a man of iron. Not sure it would have made it past the first day with me!
Jim

Wow! I was doing a prime rib roast tomorrow, but you have me thinking of breaking them down instead! Great looking meal Bear!
Thank You Jed!!
With me, I prefer a Smoked Prime Rib.
However since I can't get in & out to my smoker very good, I am forced to do them inside. And if I compare a Prime Rib done in an oven to a Ribeye Steak Done in my Ninja Smart Grill, I'll definitely take the latter option.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Beautiful breaking down that roast into steaks. Of course, when you have steaks like that it's paramount to cook one....for experimentation and quality control purposes of course :emoji_wink: Nice job Bear and I'm loving Mrs' Bear's pie.

Robert
Thank You Robert!!
If you like Raspberries, you have to try that Pie.
That is my All-Time Favorite Pie, hands down!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's some good eatin' right there !

Thank You Rich!!
I've found that if I SV a Choice Ribeye @ 131° for 24 hours, I get about the same Tenderness as I get from a Prime Ribeye Steak.

Bear

Looks good as usual John. You eat more steak than anyone I know lol. Not that that's a bad thing!

Thank You Jake!!
Maybe more often, but definitely not "more Steak".
We average about 1 steak every month, but lets not forget that when we have Steak, I make one Small Steak, and then We share it between the two of us.
So We each consume about 1 steak every 2 months.
Actually I used to Smoke 1 Prime Rib (5 pounders) about 3 or 4 times a year, but now that I can't smoke them any more, I'm cutting them into 1 pound steaks for us to share.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky