Another Pizza Thread, in the charcoal side of CG 5050

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jayd4wg

Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
Pittsburgh PA
I finally scored some yeast from the panic stricken shelves of the local supermarket a couple weeks ago. The kids wanted pizza and wings for dinner last weekend so i whipped up a couple batches of pizza dough (I use the recipe from Ninja Blender - it's the easiest pizza dough out there, and instead of sugar, I bloom my yeast with honey). Kids got the usual pepperoni, wife wanted white pizza with tomatoes and onions, and I made myself a bbq chicken pizza with some leftover grilled chicken, onions, a couple tomatoes and smoked cheddar cheese/mozz blend. These come out real good in the grill, running the charcoal side at 450.
20200605_173212.jpg 20200605_185439.jpg 20200605_184616.jpg 20200605_183722.jpg 20200605_182521.jpg

one tip for folks that want to do pizza night on the grill, if you aren't doing wings on the top, i think it helps to wrap the top rack in my grill with foil to get some heat reflected back down on the pizza to aid in getting the cheese toasted. Happy Grillin'

Great looking pizzas! Every one of them sounds like good toppings! I'd have to have a few of those wings too! Nice cook!

Reactions: jayd4wg
Great looking pizzas! Every one of them sounds like good toppings! I'd have to have a few of those wings too! Nice cook!
Those. Wings. Were. BALLER. some of the best ones that ever came off any of my grills. Seasoning was super simple, just olive oil, McCormick Montreal Chicken and a little italian seasoning. No smoke was used in this cook, just charcoal, mix of kingsford briquettes and cowboy chunk to really get the heat up and manageable.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky