another pet food recall

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mars Petcare US has announced a voluntary recall of some of its pet-food products.
The recall cites potential salmonella contamination.
if It involves all dry pet-food produced at its plant in Everson, Pennsylvania, between February 18th and July 29th.
The company's news release doesn't say how much pet food is involved, but says the recall covers 31 states and includes some of the products marketed by various brands.
Among them are Country Acres, Retriever, Doggy Bag, Members Mark, Natural, Ol' Roy, Special Kitty, Paws & Claws, Pedigree, Wegman's, Pet Pride, PMI Nutrition and Red Flannel.
For more information call 1-877-568-4463 or consult www.petcare.mars.com.

Thanks!!!!!

ol Lexi eats on some of that, I willkeep an eye out for the pack numbers on it.

Lexi says thanks too

Well I guess being picky about what we feed our babies has paid off yet again.

That's an interesting recall - for salmonella; my oldest daughter and her DH have a Rhodesian Ridgeback that is fed nothing but a raw chicken diet. They were told that dogs' systems aren't affected by salmonella. Hmmmm, will have to investigate that.

Thanks, Lisa!

A good friend feeds Ol' Roy to his pooch!

I just phoned him and he is going bezerk but asked me to convey his thanks to you. And Nikki is grateful as well!

Cheers!

My black lab Maggie says thank you and of course I do too for your post, now we know why she has had the s**ts. Have a bag upc 21300 31478
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Thank you very much.

Thanks Lisa..
Even tho we don't use any of those brands...I do know several that do...the info will be very much appreciated..

We have been feeding our dogs Wellness from Mother Hubbard form many years now. It's human food grade ingredients, no fillers, and none of the ingredients that are in so many commercial foods. It's more expensive, but we've got 3 little Pugs and the peace of mind is worth so much.

Lisa I am forwarding this to some of my friends who do feed some of these brands, thank you.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I found this little tidbit to read: (not for the weak stomachs)

Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Animals can be carriers with no visible symptoms and can potentially infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian

Lisa,

My friend in Massachussets was just about to open a bag of Ol' Roy to feed his Boxer and he found that the numbers on the bag actually matched the recall numbers!

He wanted me to send you a great big thank you and a hug!

Well, here's the thank you and if you ever hit the east coast I owe you a hug!

Cheers!

Tell ya what... my li'l mini schnauzer eats about two handfulls a day. And that's how I measure it. I have had salmonella and it SUX. Thankfully, my dog requires a special, and expensive...food. Heh.

Thanks for the heads-up tho! Bravo!

but dont wal-mart sell almost all brands from ol'rot to ims? never heard of a dog with samonella either. thanks for the heads up. if my dog gets sick ill know who to sue lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky