Another off the list " Dutch Apple Pie Jam "

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man does that look and sound good! I just did some Wild Mustang Grape. Man is that good stuff. I just can the juice now and make a jar as needed.

Attachments

• 20211208_161312.jpg
    20211208_161312.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211214_151059.jpg
    20211214_151059.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man does that look and sound good! I just did some Wild Mustang Grape. Man is that good stuff. I just can the juice now and make a jar as needed.

Thanks Brian for the love and the comment

Yes it is great jam,

That's a smart idea about canning the juice and making when needed. Is that with you new juicer, how do you like it

David

Thanks Brian for the love and the comment

Yes it is great jam,

That's a smart idea about canning the juice and making when needed. Is that with you new juicer, how do you like it

David
I make sugar free and it will crystallize after sitting a while so this works great now. Just make a jar at a time. Juicer waters down the juice to much for jelly. I checked gravity of juicer and was 1.025 than checked using straining method and was 1.045. Ended up mixing the two and was 1.035. A friend been using it to make wine since you add water anyhow. Works good and easy but would have to reduce liquid to use for jelly.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I make sugar free and it will crystallize after sitting a while so this works great now. Just make a jar at a time. Juicer waters down the juice to much for jelly. I checked gravity of juicer and was 1.025 than checked using straining method and was 1.045. Ended up mixing the two and was 1.035. A friend been using it to make wine since you add water anyhow. Works good and easy but would have to reduce liquid to use for jelly.

Brian sounds like you have it tuned in just right for what you do with it all.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky