Another meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
Awhile back, I took that Nuremberg sausage recipe JC in GB JC in GB posted and added sage to make it a breakfast sausage. I took a pound of that and a pound of ground beef and made what I think is one of the best meatloaves I have made yet.

Half 80/20 ground beef and half sausage, rounded out with some chopped onion and green pepper, egg, a few shots of ketchup, and just enough bread crumbs to firm it back up, salt and pepper. Smoked on the Camp Chef with a blend of cherry/pecan.

1682131612823.png

1682131665893.png

Looks like a winner Doug. Nice job on that loaf

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DougE
That’s what I’m talking about. That looks perfect Doug!
Thanks!
Nice, there's some good eats right there.
Yes indeed!
Fine looking loaf Doug!

Dave
Thanks
That looks and sounds like a great blend Doug

And I'm always up for a nice piece of meatloaf hot or cold

David
Thanks, David!
Looks like a winner Doug. Nice job on that loaf

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks, Chris!
Looks delicious Doug. I’d hit that early then I’d hit it again later.
Thanks, Eric! You know I hid some for myself for later, right? lol
Looks good Doug! We started adding in breakfast sausage as well... really like it that way!

Ryan
Thanks, Ryan! I either do half beef/breakfast sausage or half beef/ground bacon trim when I have it.
Looks great. Easy enough to make, I just don't do it near often enough.
Thanks! I usually try to do a meatloaf 1 or 2 times a month. Quick and easy cook.
That really looks great.

I want to try that.

JC :emoji_cat:
You need to, JC.!
Great looking meatloaf!
Thanks!
Looks tasty to me, nice cook Doug!
Thanks!
I like adding sausage to my meatloaf (and meatballs) too. Sometimes I'll use chorizo and some Mexican seasonings for a Mexi Meatloaf.
I've always wanted to try one with beef/chorizo, but for some reason, I haven't yet. I need to change that.
Yum! I would be all over that! I love meatloaf and that sounds awesome!
Thanks, Jed. I love meatloaf too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky