Another London Broil with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abelman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 14, 2007
Littleton, CO
While I was planting peppers today, we did another London Broil but changed it up a bit. I made some Mojo and marinated the meat for 18 hours:

Then, I put on some Jeff's rub and let it go another 4 thours:

Then, I seared it at 700 degrees for two and a half minutes on each side. Then, it was ready for the smoker. I put it on at 225 with applewood and no mopping. Here what we have after two hours:

After two and a half hours, we hit 140 internal. I double wrapped it in foil and into the cooler it went for an hour until dinner. Once I started slicing, it was moist and tender:

It was a hit and my harshest critics loved it, the kids. So, it was a good night, cheers!

Reactions: floridasteve
Looks good. I love a good LB, but its hard to find around here. The butchers here all cut it thin and leave it on the round. Have to call days ahead to get them to cut off a top round. I don't like flank or bottom round as much.

That's an awesome lookin hunk o beef! POINTS to you for inspiring me to do one with your great post!

Really nice looking london broil!!! The twist of adding Jeff's rub on top of the Mojo marinade has me intrigued ...

My first attempt didn't come out as moist as yours but my next try will aim to look like yours!!
biggrin.gif

Looks absoultly Great. I think I gave you points, since I'm new not sure.

That looks great! Thanks for the Qview. Guess I need to get something out of the freezer so I can do a smoke this weekend. Makes me hungry just looking!

Nice looking smoke. Those kids will always tell ya the truth about the food. If they giggle, smile and tell ya its good then you know it was successful. Nice job.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks,

The mojo is home made. Here's a thread where Flash and I were comparing recipes.

Yeah it comes out. With charcoal and Apple wood, it's a great taste as I like a sweeter, lighter smoke. I would use a heavier smoke if I was just using gas in the smoker. This is the second one I have done and both held the smoke.

I have done my fair share of briskets as well but I'm going to try a seared/smoked brisket this weekend from Smokyokie's recipe file. Hopefully that will work as well.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

It depends. Most times it's a Flank Steak you're buying and they'll call it a London Broil. I got a 3 lb steak on sale for $5. This was labeled a London Broil but was actually a Top Round Steak a little over 2 lbs. It was about $10.

Honestly, it wasn't any better than the flank steak I did. As this was only my second try, I am convenced it's in the way you cook/smoke it rather than the piece of meat per say. So, get a 2 to 3 lb Flank Steak and have at it and let us know how it goes,
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky