Another happy noob

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dudewoofie

Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Bluehairsville MO
Greetings all.

My name is Bill and I'm currently living in Branson MO. I have cooked ever since age 5 or 6 (40-some years ago) when Mom 1st taught me how to fry an egg. She'd probably get brought up on child abuse charges for that now! (What? You can't let a child get that close to a hot stove!!) Ha! Always loved grilling and got a Little Chief smoker years and years ago. (It was good for jerky, which was fine enough then.) Last year I grabbed one of the cheapo Brinkmann electric smokers from Bass Pro and got back into the smoking world. The condo-nazis where I live have outlawed charcoal so I'm stuck with electric. It's definitely better than nothing.

One thing I've learned lurking here for a week or 2 is having the ability to regulate temperature is quite handy... I can't do that with the Brinkmann but, again, it's better than nothing. My virgin run was beef jerky and I left it on smoke WAY too long as I was remembering the Little Chief which apparently was a much lower temperature. Since then I've done spareribs, salmon, trout, cod loins, and beerbutt chicken. The only disappointment has been the chicken. My wife said it was good but my standards are pretty high, I guess. Lol

Tomorrow I'm doing Jeff's bacon-wrapped chicken that was in the latest newsletter. Looks delicious and I think the brining will make a world of difference.

Really really happy to have found this world of goodness that you all have here. Told the wife today that I could probably spend a number of weeks just going through all the goodies in the forum. She said, "Don't forget to cook."

Cheers! <clink>

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

Hello Bill, and welcome to the SMF. Thanks for the nice introduction, it's always good to have a little background to work with. It's all good my friend.

Welcome Bill. You came to the right place. Happy smoking and dont forget the qveiw

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky