Another Great Beef Belly Bacon Experiment!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yea! Homemade beef bacon! You got a pic after frying up some slices?
I did my first batch a few months ago and sliced by hand, so maybe a little thicker than your's. I had to fry slowly to render the fat, otherwise a little chewy. Flavor was much different from pork.

I'll try to get a pic of the fried product soon. Extra thin sliced, it does tend to shrivel, and gets crunchy easier than pork.

Well my butcher gal came thru for me. She got me a 14.9 lb. belly for $4.98 lb. Not too bad, as pork belly is getting close to that around here, sad to say.
(If it's allowed, I'd like to plug this family-owned and operated butcher shop, Double DD Meats in Mountlake Terrace, WA. They carry over 3,000 hot sauces, plus another 2 or 3 aisles of BBQ, mustards, and any other kind of sauce you can think of. It's run mostly by women, and yeah, they're in on the joke. :emoji_wink: )
I love that market, and they also carry Lumberjack Pellets. Only place in greater Seattle area that does.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky