Another CI skillet.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is that a J Stevens shotgun ?

Make ya wish you were 25 again . Played a great character too . Really great actors in 1883 .

Hi Rich,
it is a 24 guage Iver Johnsons Champion Made between 1909 - 1919 going by the ser#
It is probably not worth much other than to me, as it was my dads gun when he was a kid and shot his first deer with,
and the wall holders he made from pine also. So belongs with my western stuff

David

Reactions: chopsaw and bauchjw
Hi Rich,
it is a 24 guage Iver Johnsons Champion Made between 1909 - 1919 going by the ser#
It is probably not worth much other than to me, as it was my dads gun when he was a kid and shot his first deer with,
and the wall holders he made from pine also. So belongs with my western stuff

David
Very cool! Great tribute to your dad and that wall looks great!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I love Lodge CI. That thing has to be a bitch to scrape out the over cooked eggs?
I didn't recognize any of this babble outside of Lodge.
Picked up a 10" for the south quarters as my wife forgot to pack any of the many we have up north.
OK looked it up. I haven't watched daytime or prime time (and now cable) soaps in over 40 years.

I knew a woman who have over 20 cast iron skillets on display. She never cooked in cast iron, claimed she didn't know what all the fuss was about. I'm a sucker for cast iron from garage sales, but I usually restore it and give it away.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That’s a cool looking pan Steve! I’m a fan of the show and have a Yellowstone T-Shirt. Can’t tell you how many people have stopped and asked me about if I was at the national park, I just go “no, it’s the tv show, check it out!”

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
it was my dads gun
I figured . I'm a sucker for Stevens shotguns for the same reason . I have the 1920 12 ga. bought from the Sears Roebuck catalog . Dad's family used it to put food on the table . I have the original cleaning kit . It's worth way more than the gun .

All my cast iron is either a family hand me down or a gift from family .
That's why I don't strip the handles on the hand downs . I use it almost daily .
1669651238829.jpeg

All my cast iron is either a family hand me down or a gift from family .
Mine is also just a gift from dad many years ago , and we/I use it everyday for one thing or the other, grilled cheese, scrambled eggs and the list goes on... lol

But I would like to get one of the Yellowstone ones that Steve H Steve H showed above ^^^^

As for the shot gun, before dad passed , he got his brother who did a lot of trading in the used military's items to find him some shells. So I have 2 boxes of the 24 guage slugs, always wanted to fire it . but little nervous about the shells, 🤠 :emoji_sunglasses:

David

Cool pan. And the cornbread fest is on my list. South pitts, TN is only a few hours drive from my house.
Jim

So I have 2 boxes of the 24 guage slugs, always wanted to fire it . but little nervous about the shells,
David , I wouldn't do that , but maybe slugs have already been put thru that gun . A lot of those are a tight choke that's about half the length of the barrel . I spread mine out doing that years ago . No shot pattern now .
Yellowstone lovers in here , this is coming Dec 18th.
Looking forward to it .
Steve H Steve H Maybe they'll make a pan for each series . You'll have to get 2 more .

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H and jcam222
maybe slugs have already been put thru that gun

Yes it was used for slugs mostly, it is the gun Dad got his first deer with.
And back than I bet lots of supper time meals also back in the Musquodoboit Valley.
I am not going to use this gun . Just always wanted to. The shells are dry but god
knows where and what they went through before Dad got them.

David

David , I wouldn't do that , but maybe slugs have already been put thru that gun . A lot of those are a tight choke that's about half the length of the barrel . I spread mine out doing that years ago . No shot pattern now .

Looking forward to it .
Steve H Steve H Maybe they'll make a pan for each series . You'll have to get 2 more .
Boss would likely deck me with it....;)

• Haha
It sucks about them not having the 5th season on Paramount plus.

Steve are you sure the 5th season of Yellowstone is not on Paramount +
That is what they are advertising up here , but I am watching it on a streaming site called " Cinema "
this week end they just played all 4 of the first seasons in a row on Paramount, not plus. but they were promoting season 5 and Tulsa King

David

That is what they are advertising up here , but I am watching it on a streaming site called " Cinema "
this week end they just played all 4 of the first seasons in a row on Paramount, not plus. but they were promoting season 5 and Tulsa King

David
We get the 5th season on regular Paramount (not plus). We also got the first 2 episodes of Tulsa King on Paramount - have to admit it is a side of Stallone I never knew he had! The end of the second episode really got to me...

David
Yup, I'm sure. I can watch the Tulsa king. Which I watched the first episode. Pretty good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky