Another Chuck Enchilada, Spicy Red

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking cook and I'm sure the new parents were appreciative. Heck, I'd ALMOST have a baby for a pan of them!
Jim
Thank you Jim! Whew, I’ll happily give you an enchilada without a baby!🤣

Heyyo!! Those chuck enchiladas just look simply amazing! I’d kill for a plate of those.
Thank you! You’re welcome anytime! Nice Larry Sanders reference!

Yes Sir!!
That is a meal fit for a King!!
Al
Haha, thank you Al! Im not sure about being fit for a king, but it came out pretty good!

Those look so awesome. I love the homemade sauce component too. Funny enough, mine was a tad tougher to pull than usual too and I took it to 215! I wonder if the sauce could be an issue?!
Killer job!
Thank you! It was pretty tasty, but a bit more work than I originally planned! Sometimes the canned is the best approach! Your pull looked good from picture, 215 is probably what mine should have gone to, but man, that is crazy! The sauce could definitely have an impact. I’ll have to try again. Appreciate the comment! Next time let’s coordinate for a test!

Nice it's weird I seen a few enchilada recipes lately on other pages I follow too must be something in the water lol. Yours looks awesome I might have to try it. ty for sharing
🤣I know! Something strange seems to happen when we come to SZmF a lot snd there seems to be clusters that pop up, people having the same craving I guess? Thanks for your time!

Man, your enchiladas look to be spot on and that sauce sounds killer, nice work there! RAY
thank you Ray! it was a good time!

Looks awesome, I am bookmarking for sure. I might use BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma idea to finish or maybe finish off braising in a dutch oven.
Thank you! A way I would try this again is in a Dutch oven for sure. BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma has a better way I’d like to try too!

Those enchiladas look amazing Jed, thanks so much for sharing with us. Food p**n at it's finest!
🤣Thank you Colin! I guess we’re kind of food p**n peddlers here!

Simply outstanding Jed!! You have been killing it recently. This is another one I MUST DO!! We seem to be sharing ideas back and forth somewhat regularly the past couple months :emoji_wink: Love it!!
Robert
Thank you Robert! We definitely are 🤣 It’s what makes this place so much fun!

🤣Well, it appears I was on the same frequency as @JCAP and decided on an enchilada cook today. Some good friends had their first baby and we wanted to make a bunch of chow that can freeze and reheat easy as they adjust to life with a little crying, poop machine in their home. We had some great friends from Mexico years ago that did the same for us and it was a life saver! I smashed a few recipes together, needs a few tweaks, but came out pretty good.
- About 5 pounds boneless beef chuck, I decided to do a garlic lime marinade the night before.
Marinade:
  • 1/2 cup EVOO
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lime zest
  • 6 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cpepperView attachment 527207
    The next morning onto the pellet smoker at 225 with apple, I cold smoked for about an hour before heat with amazn
  • View attachment 527213
    Then a cup of coffee with my buddy
  • View attachment 527212
    After my coffee, I got to work on the Spicy red sauce, ingredients;
  • 2 sweet or yellow onions, finely chopped
  • 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
  • 1 Chipotle pepper chopped
  • 1/4 cup dry red wine
    Heated Beef tallow in pan, then put in the onion for about 4 min with dash of salt, followed by the japaneno for about a minute. Then dumped all the dry spices, mixing until fragrant. Finally the garlic for a minute followed by wine to deglaze and then the tomato sauce. Reduced heat and simmer.
  • View attachment 527214
    Once the simmer is going I waited for Chuck to hit 180 IT.
  • View attachment 527216
    I was planning on pulling the beef in the sauce, but pulled an audible and randomly heated up two CI and filled with the red sauce to finish cooking the meat while wet, the idea to pull in the sauce.
  • View attachment 527215
    View attachment 527217View attachment 527218View attachment 527219
    I started probing at 200, but wasn’t having any luck. The acidic marinade may have done something to the meat, I began questioning at about 205 IT. No matter how many times I tell myself to wait for it, in the heat of the moment I sometimes break. The cook in the sauce made me question too. So, I pulled and did a thin chop and simmered in more sauce before building.
  • View attachment 527227
    Then built the enchiladas, heated tortillas in a pan with butter, then lots of meat, cheese, and sauce. Seam side down!
  • View attachment 527221View attachment 527222
    Back into smoker heated up to 350
    View attachment 527223
    Lost track of time, but caught it before a burn job!
    View attachment 527224
    I made a smaller one for us to “test” and we were pretty happy, not off the charts, tears in our eyes happy. The meat is where I failed, but not to the point where I feel bad giving it to a sleepless friend and his wife while they figure out what it’s like to have a kid. Plate shot, great comfort food!
  • View attachment 527225
    View attachment 527226Thank you for your time!
Those look KILLER, bro!!!

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky