Another Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
After the first one I did a couple moths ago , I've been waiting to do another . High winds we had last week came thru and smashed my new 26 " kettle , so had to fix that first , and wanted to see if it was gonna run as good as it did the first time . So ran up to GFS , got what I needed .
20191207_105336.jpg
Got the kettle set up ,
20191207_131349.jpg
Trimmed and seasoned while the kettle was getting settled .
Salt and pepper only .
20191207_113709.jpg
Started the fire about 1:00 in the afternoon . Settled in at 250 and ran up and down , 225 / 250 until midnight . I just let it go . Internal temp was 180 / 165 . Wrapped in butcher paper , and into the oven set at 225 .
20191207_225011.jpg 20191207_225424.jpg
Set the probe alarm for 200 , went off at 2:00 . Wrapped in towels and put in the cooler .
I ended up putting it back in the oven @ 170 until time to eat .
Turns into a long cook time , but same as I did it the first time , and it was great .
Out of the oven ready to slice . This thing is like jello .
I wrapped foil around the butcher paper when it went back in the oven . Softened up the outside .
20191208_190210.jpg 20191208_190519.jpg
Parts of the flat dried out some , but the rest is really good . Son makes a great baked mac n cheese .
Baked beans and steamed veggies , I was stuffed .
20191208_191128.jpg
That was Sunday's supper . Left over sandwiches tonight .
Thanks for lookin .

That's a great piece of work right there Chop! I haven't been able to stay awake long enough to throw my hat into the brisket ring yet. Like, RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
I'm going to have to get over my concerns one day and try this.....Good job! P.S. want to share the recipes for the Mac N Cheese and beans?

That is a Mighty Fine looking Brisket Great Job !!

I "Like It"

Gary

Looks great and congrats on the ride!

Do I have this correctly? Midnight into oven, 2PM hits 200IT? A few hours in cooler and then a few at 170F in oven?

That plate looks awesome!!
Thanks Xray . I need to drink more , so I don't eat so much .
That's a great piece of work right there Chop! I haven't been able to stay awake long enough to throw my hat into the brisket ring yet. Like, RAY
Thanks Ray . Throw your hat in the ring , and your brisket in the oven and go to bed , lol .
Man that brisket looks outstanding! I'm loving the pink butcher paper too...turns out a much better finished product than just foil IMO.
The paper does work good , but I wrapped it in foil too when I put it in the cooler .
Next time paper only . Thanks .
I agree WOW!
Thanks !

Reactions: sawhorseray
Beautiful brisket, Bro! Big like!
Thank you sir .
Rich you are on a roll great looking brisket and nice save on the kettle
Richie , I saw that kettle and headed straight for the fridge ! I could have cried .
Thanks for the comment .
That is a Mighty Fine looking Brisket Great Job !!
Thanks Gary . Spent some time lookin thru your brisket post before I did the first one . Great info and very helpful .

Do I have this correctly? Midnight into oven, 2PM hits 200IT? A few hours in cooler and then a few at 170F in oven?
Yup , but more than a few . Stayed in cooler until IT was down to 150 . Then I held it in the oven til time to eat .
Awesome job on that brisket and the sides are no downer either.
Thanks . My son does a great job on that mac n cheese .
I’d like a plate of brisket with Mac & cheese, baked beans and taters carrots and green beans to go please!
Looks great!
Thanks ,, be happy to share , but you better hurry .

Reactions: Johnny Ray
Chop that is a very nice brisket plate!!! I'm wishing you had me over for dinner!......

Your sons mac looks pretty dang good!

Thanks Ray . Throw your hat in the ring , and your brisket in the oven and go to bed , lol .

I was talking to a guy in Sam's Club about a month back who was a competition BBQ guy. He said that's exactly what he does when he's doing brisket at home for himself. He was getting a case of packers and said the competitions were brutal using a offset, but that was his thing. With your endorsement and what the guy at Sam's had to say I'll smoke 5'6 hours on the SQ36, throw the brisket in the oven at 275º, and hit the sack. Thanks Chop! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky