Another Auber PID question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin pop-pop

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Allentown Pa.
Hello folks,
So with the help of tallbm I rewired my MES and added an Auber WS-1510ELPM. I did some ring bologna yesterday so I simply turned it on set the temp and left it alone. while that was going i popped in the USB manual and read through it. it say it has an AUTO TUNE setting . I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET TO THE DAWG GUM THING!! There instructions in the manual are poor at best IMHO but i'm more of a picture guy so maybe it's me ? any help would be much appreciated.

Auto tune is under code 166 .
Push and hold " set " it will display " lock " then I think 0 . Push " + " to read 166 . Push set and scroll thru the options until you get to " AT " When on AT push 1 . Then set . Wait ,,, it should flash between " AT " and current temp inside the smoker . That means it is running auto tune .
I did it the first time and it had mine way off . Won't hurt to try it though . After it starts just let it do it's thing .
166 is also where you can set the values for " P" " I " and " D " .

Reactions: pa42phigh
It's also in the app: (but right after I posted that I realized you don't have a wifi model... sorry)

aubersettings.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like these guys have you covered, but the only thing I can add is tallbm tallbm recommended to me of doing auto tune while doing a long smoke, such as a pork butt.

Ryan

doing auto tune while doing a long smoke, such as a pork butt.

I might be wrong , but I don't think you want to do a cook while running auto tune . Simulate mass maybe .

Thanks for all the help guys !!
When you get into it , enter into 166 you will see P = " a number " ,, I = ,, D = ,, as you scroll thru to AT . You can write those settings down incase you need to set it back to that . Don't have to , but might have to redo some settings later .

Reactions: smokin pop-pop
I've done it a few times during a cook with no problem... but wouldn't do it with something that could be harmed by the overshoot of temperatures during the tune.

I'd think Butts would be fine. I wouldn't do it with something temperature-sensitive like salmon, or cheese. Or something very narrow or thin - like maybe snacksticks.

Reactions: smokin pop-pop
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky