another 1st brisket w QV

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow!! Everything looks excellent...great job! Dibs on any leftovers.
biggrin.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great! I spritz about every hour. You have a long night ahead for sure.

Nice lookin' grub all the way around! Gotta try smoking some almonds and other nuts one of these days...that sounds awesome!! Great job!

Thanks everyone! Mofo, it might have just been the cut you got. Check this out: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=7412
Jeanie, sorry! went over great, just got to bring a little bag back home, and am currently munching on it, won't be none left here in a minute. I really like the flavor, more so than pork. Been searching, readin old posts and making notes since I got home, already planning on doing another next weekend. Hopefully I'll have better timing and won't have to stay up all night! 3 hours sleep is a little rough, but it was worth it! If anyone else is wondering about burnt ends, not sure who Scott in KC was, but he made a great post, sticky worthy imho: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...read.php?t=672 Thanks again everyone!

Evey thing looks YUMMY!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

You said the flat was dry? Next time try either leaving about a 1/4 inch of the fat on and slicing groves, in a criss cross pattern into the fat cap about 1 inch apart (to let the smoke get into the meat).

Or, do like I do and trim off all the fat, like you did, and keep it. Place it into an aluminum pan. Then add some seasoning to it. Then, just before you place it in the smoker, directly above the brisket, slice slits into the bottom of the pan. That way, the fat melts and drips onto the brisket, making a "self basting brisket".

Also, try to avoid opening the door so much. To do this, put your thermo probe in the brisket before you start cooking. You can run the wires through the vent and into to read out.

On the whole, good job, and congrats on the good looking grub.

P.S. True burnt ends are actually the edges of the point and the flat that get "crispy". You cut these off prior to slicing or pulling the brisket.

That's my .02 worth

Thanks y'all! Vegans, appreciate it, gonna do another one this weekend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky