• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anniversary Tritip nice and snowy

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Today was my birthday along with my wife and I 5th anniversary. She wanted tritip. So of course weather agreed with it being about 2* I had to do it. It was about a 3# tritip and covered it with SPOG. My wife made some chimichurri sauce that she loves. Then onto the kettle it went with some lump charcoal. Here’s some pics. Both turned out great and have some left overs too

Attachments

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Man all that looks amazing Brian. I'm doing tri tip tomorrow. Happy birthday and anniversary. We almost share the b-day mines monday

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
That’s a great haul. Looks delicious.
Happy anny as well.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Nice job on the meal and braving the weather.

I won't see above zero temps until Tuesday or Wednesday. Warmest it got today was -15°F.
Wife is already planning the next meal off the kettle.

Happy birthday to both of you ~ Valentine childs.
Smart, putting the anniversary on a another date you will remember. Wife's planning?

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Nice job on the meal and braving the weather.

I won't see above zero temps until Tuesday or Wednesday. Warmest it got today was -15°F.
Wife is already planning the next meal off the kettle.

Happy birthday to both of you ~ Valentine childs.
Smart, putting the anniversary on a another date you will remember. Wife's planning?
haha i know what you mean the last 10 days I left for work it’s been -7 to -25. It’s brutal. But we’ve had sun during the day to make it seem a lot better. Where are you at.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
NW Minnesota
The only bright (pun intended) side of these cold days is the copious sunshine.
No snow is another plus.

BTW, I'm a true Valentine child. My birthday is 40 weeks AFTER Valentine's Day.

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Happy anniversary and good eats!
Today was our anniversary too (39 years). We had breakfast tacos with homemade tortillas on our new tortilla press.
Thanks and you too. How did the tortillas turn out? I haven’t tried to make those yet

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.