Anniversary Rib Eye Cap Steaks (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
This one goes back a couple weeks. We celebrated our 15th anniversary and I thought it'd be a nice gesture to make Tracy's favorite steaks: rib eye cap steaks. We love the roasts as well as our other cuts of steak but her absolute favorite steak is these little babies. She also LOVES homemade fries and of course, y'all know we do a lot of salads around here. Nothing fancy here, just some good food well prepared for my lovely bride.

Get the fries going first. Hand cut skin on and tossed with some of my homemade garlic and herb infused EVOO and a good sprinkle of Borsari's Everything Bagel seasoning.
002.jpg

Get the charcoal set up in the hybrid Santa Maria grill.
003.jpg

The steaks. These are pretty small at 6 oz. each but a perfect size for Tracy.
004.jpg

Off to the races!!
005.jpg

Steaks lightly seasoned with a dose of my beef rub.
006.jpg

Cut up a nice little salad.
007.jpg

Time to get the steaks going.
008.jpg

Flip.
009.jpg

Steaks done, dinner plated, and out to the patio...as usual.
010.jpg

Not too bad for small steaks, which are far more difficult to cook than large, thick steaks.
014.jpg

Not fancy in any way but it made Tracy happy which in turn made me happy. These little cap steaks are just out of this world good. It'd been a while since I'd made fries but I really need to do those more often. It's just hard to beat fresh fries that are nicely seasoned. All in all a nice meal that we both enjoyed. Now I'm starting to think rib eyes tonight...and some fries of course :emoji_laughing:

Short, sweet, and to the point. Y'all take care and I'll stop posting beef threads for a while. They are starting to get redundant. We are having a party this Saturday though and I'll be slow smoking a big Striploin roast and that one might get posted if it comes out well :emoji_wink:

Robert

I like you last sentence were you say you might post it if it comes out well, everything you cook looks fantastic.

What a nice anniversary dinner Robert. Congrats to you & Tracy! BTW, where's the wine?

Happy anniversary Robert, and the steaks look perfect.

Point for sure
Chris

Happy Anniversary!! Looks great Robert! Many chefs and beef connoisseurs would say the rib cap is the best of the best for steak cuts.

Last edited:
First off Happy Belated Anniversary. And the meal looks great. And like Steve edmonds edmonds said , it its small. Double up. lol

I'll stop posting beef threads for a while. They are starting to get redundant. We are having a party this Saturday though and I'll be slow smoking a big Striploin roast and that one might get posted if it comes out well :emoji_wink:
Never stop, always love to see them . And " What you talking about Willis " ........
if it comes out well. You know it will and there better be a close up . :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sunglasses:

David

Nice cook Robert! I'm a huge have of rib eye cap steaks! Its like eating buttered beef!

WOW, Robert!! When you do it, you do it right!! Congrats on the anniversary and Tracy sounds like a keeper for sure, you done good, my friend...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky