Anniversary Porterhouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. Yesterday was mine and Emily's 18th wedding anniversary. Kids went to friends houses so we got to spend some rare time alone.

Thawed out a nearly 2lb Certified Piedmontese porterhouse that Robert aka tx smoker tx smoker gifted me for Christmas. Beautiful steak
IMG_20201221_144747.jpg

Seasoned up with Roberts beef rub
IMG_20201221_173856.jpg

Got the grill screaming hot and hit it with a sear upfront and then around 3min each side on indirect heat
IMG_20201221_174258.jpg

Off and resting
IMG_20201221_180036.jpg

Learned a tip from thirdeye thirdeye the other day so have it a shot. Got my cutting board out and drizzled it with garlic infused olive oil. Sprinkled with some finely chopped rosemary and thyme and a splash of red pepper flakes then let steak finish resting on top of that
IMG_20201221_180744.jpg

Sliced the porterhouse thin and tossed in the juice,oil and herbs on the board.
IMG_20201221_181455.jpg

We had a hard time not just eating it off the cutting board and not really sure why I've never tried this before but added so much flavor I'll be doing steak like this alot now. Thanks thirdeye thirdeye

Plated with a baked tater and a salad. Perfect meal to celebrate marriage to your best friend
IMG_20201221_182131.jpg

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary Jake!! That looks amazing! I know that CPB beef is packed with flavor too. Love that cutting board tip. I’ll be giving that a try for sure. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Congrats Jake! Excellent Steak. Cooked perfectly, I can imagine how great it was. Hope you and yours have a wonderful and Safe Christmas.

Looks delicious Jake! Happy anniversary to you and Emily! And a merry Christmas !

Ryan

Great meal for a great reason !
I keep infused butter in the freezer . Cut a section off for each steak .

Looks dang good Jake! Happy anniversary to you and Emily !! thirdeye thirdeye set you up with a fantastic idea....im gonna have to try that out!

That steak looks perfect, and here's wishing you a happy anniversary.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky