Angus English beef shoulder roast. Thanksgiving challenge!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

traylortrash

Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have been smoking some meat for a while. Still very green to the skill.

My wife and I are hosting Thanksgiving, this is our first house and first time hosting an event with family. I'm smoking all the meat, I have one the menu 2 4lb turkey breasts (8lbs total) Turkey leg for fun, and 2.5lbs of the Angus beef shoulder roast. 10 people are coming.

What are some recommendations for the should roast?

I'm currently brining the turkey now and have that covered.

More or less I end help with the Turkey leg, and roast.

Thanks Nathan.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Nathan,, Welcome to Smoking Meat Forms. Go simple with the shoulder roast. Slather with olive oil and sprinkle the roast with kosher salt and FRESH cracked black pepper or spinkle with Low Sodium Monteal Steak Seasonin. Place roast in an aluminum foil pan to catch the au jus and cook to medium doness (140-150°) and slice against the grain. Strain the fat from the au jus and serve with the roast slices. Simple is better when it comes to beef, you want to enhance the beefiness-not cover it up.

Reactions: traylortrash
Nathan
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

Hey sorry for the late response. I do appreciate the support, my schedule is nothing short of stupid right now. I work for Fed Ex and as you can imagine its ... Awesome.

Anyway, I will post some pictures of the progress.

Thanks again,
Nathan[ATTACHMENT=1023]image.jpg (1,450k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

GARY in EAST TEXAS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky