angus beef...........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bob1961

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 15, 2010
lackawaxen, PA.
i seen an interesting angus cut in the super market the other day, but can't warrant the 34.00 buck price tag....it was what i know from butchering deer as back strap part of the animal, it was bout 8" in diameter and 24" long....real nice looking chunk of meat for sure....the only angus i really have ever eaten was mickey D's angus burger meal and hamburger made from it....what is the big taste difference from angus and regular beef, i'm thinking of a shredded beef smoke with this monster piece of meat.......bob

i seen an interesting angus cut in the super market the other day, but can't warrant the 34.00 buck price tag....it was what i know from butchering deer as back strap part of the animal, it was bout 8" in diameter and 24" long....real nice looking chunk of meat for sure....the only angus i really have ever eaten was mickey D's angus burger meal and hamburger made from it....what is the big taste difference from angus and regular beef, i'm thinking of a shredded beef smoke with this monster piece of meat.......bob

Sounds like a great price Bob!

I think the backstrap from Beef is called "Fillet Mignon", but I could be mistaken, because I don't understand why they would be so cheap.

If I'm right, I would buy a bunch of them, and slice them up for steaks.

Bear

Great price, but I wouldn't do a shredded beef deal with that cut....stick with the lower end cuts for that. Like Bear said, buy what you can afford and use them for steaks, Angus backstrap will be delicious.

thx guys, i'm gonna do up bout 18 steaks
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
 .........bob

went back to get a better/closer look at the angus and it was smaller then i thought and only bout 6 lbs at 5.86 a lb
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
 oh well........bob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky