Andouille Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joed617

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 13, 2006
North East
We make about 35 to 40 lbs a week .. the photo is before they are measured and tied off and placed in the walk in to dry the casing out. I then cold smoke them for 2 hours and then hot smoke at 175 deg until done .. I give it the pinch test if the meat in the casing is firm and they have a nice smoke color they are done!

Looks yummy! 
thumb1.gif

I was in construction for years ... nobody would called me a "geek" or would dare too ... anyway .. One day my wife looked at me and called me a "Food Geek"  I took a step back, paused and I had to laugh ... I said "I think you're right"  I'm always researching food (I don't watch many cooking shows) on the internet I read alot about all types of food. Just thought I would share that tid bit with ya !

The one I have I can't pass out ... it was given to me long ago .. they have passed on .. I would try google or look in cook books ..

Joe

WOW very Close to mine ... :) 
Let me guess...you use a bit less garlic and grind the entire lot....

Making as much as you do it would take a lot of time to chop into chunks..

I have searched some but havent seen anything about the BBQ joint..did you sell it???

Craig

Craig, Google Smoken Joe's Barbeque Brighton, MA .. it will bring you to our facebook page .. I but the meat already ground <sausage grind> I use about the same in garlic but I use ground cayenne pepper!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky