Andouille and Cold Smoked Polish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fabulous!!!

Thanks for sharing all of it.

It all looks sooooo good!

Craig

Nice job Al & Bob!!!

Looks like you guys had a Blast!

Nice color on the Bacon & Sausage!

Thanks for the show guys!

Bear

Al, Thanks to You and liz for having us up to the farm. Got my first chance to use a smokehouse . I know i asked alot of ??? But that's how you learn. Really ate and drank well the whole weekend and had a great time.

Got the bellies home and cut them in quarters and fileted the rind off of all of them. Bagged and in the freezer, will slice one of the nicest slabs for BLTs mon. Night.

Oh yea, My chihuahua has a new favorite smell. It's called smokey pig.

Last edited:
That looks...Fabulous
icon_exclaim.gif

All of it and a perfect meal too for a cold day. 

Smokeamotive,

The colored ties are to identify the bellies so I knew there precooked weights.    I was trying to get an idea of the weight change after curing and after smoking.

I don't have exact numbers in front of me but I think they lost about 7% of their original weight by the time they came out of the smoke.

Thanks for the good vibes guys

Al 

OMG!!! Just fried up 1.5 lbs of this bacon sliced thin and ev1 here says it made the best BLT's ever.

Tell you what Bob, we been chewing on the Andouille for dinner and I am real happy the way it came out.  The heat and paprika is starting to show itself a bit more after the sausage rested for a day or so.

Glad you liked the bacon, you kept a good, even smoke going all night.  Did it have any sweetness to it?  I haven't had any yet.

Al

yes it is perfect  . a lil sweet , a lil salt.

i tried a few end pieces as a test fry when i sliced and they were pretty salty . but the stuff i sliced for sammies was excellent

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky