And the winner is...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nursewizzle

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 10, 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
...me!

All three racks of ribs were salted the day before. This was a three pack of baby back ribs from Costco.

A - coarse black pepper and granulated garlic
B - Jeff's Original Rub
C - Meat Church BBQ Deez Nuts Pecan Rub

All three were mopped every hour with a thin mixture of apple cider vinegar and Sweet Baby Ray's. Smoked 4.5 hours over lump charcoal at 250° with pecan and cherry wood. Not foiled. A little more "fall off the bone" than I normally go for. I chalk that up to running errands and getting stuck in the Starbucks drive-thru. They were all nice and juicy, except the really meaty ones that had a lot of loin meat still attached, that got dried out a little.

My favorite BY FAR was...

20200813_123507.jpg
20200813_123958.jpg
20200813_124026.jpg
20200813_124048.jpg
20200813_124309.jpg
20200813_124324.jpg
20200813_124353.jpg

They all are winners. Which one did you like better?

They look great Nurse! Glad to see you back posting. That area with the extra loin meat is almost impossible to keep juicy for me.

Reactions: zwiller
Awesome looking ribs - all of them. There is no way to guess which one (A, B or C) is better because they look almost identical....
Well.... If you didn't like some of them - I can provide you with my mail address! :emoji_wink:

Honestly, I liked the SPG the best! My wife thought it was too peppery. She really liked Deez Nuts. I actually didn't like that one at all.
Nice job. Fun experimenting with ribs.
I'm still looking for the compromise with my wife.
Getting closer with the gentle smoke of the pellet pooper and a tube of pellets. Need to finish in tomato sauce bath next time. She really likes fell off the bone

Honestly, I liked the SPG the best! My wife thought it was too peppery. She really liked Deez Nuts. I actually didn't like that one at all.
VERY nice looking racks! SPG is what we do here.

That area with the extra loin meat is almost impossible to keep juicy for me.
Same here. Even worse is around here there are "extra meaty" AKA extra dry :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: jcam222
...me!

All three racks of ribs were salted the day before. This was a three pack of baby back ribs from Costco.

A - coarse black pepper and granulated garlic
B - Jeff's Original Rub
C - Meat Church BBQ Deez Nuts Pecan Rub

All three were mopped every hour with a thin mixture of apple cider vinegar and Sweet Baby Ray's. Smoked 4.5 hours over lump charcoal at 250° with pecan and cherry wood. Not foiled. A little more "fall off the bone" than I normally go for. I chalk that up to running errands and getting stuck in the Starbucks drive-thru. They were all nice and juicy, except the really meaty ones that had a lot of loin meat still attached, that got dried out a little.

My favorite BY FAR was...

View attachment 458464View attachment 458465View attachment 458466View attachment 458467View attachment 458468View attachment 458469View attachment 458470
Looking Good! Beautiful bark on them there ribs!! Love the pic of the bones!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky