And I thought wagyu was expensive!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
I saw this at my local Food Lion. I knew they had recently started carrying small briskets and I knew that they were more expensive than Walmart whole packers, but this is ridiculous.

Attachments

• brisket prices.jpg
    brisket prices.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: crazymoon
LOL. Probably a typo for $9.99/lb which sadly is close to what I typically see IF I see a brisket.

Did you get up off the floor on your own or did they call 911. Did you ask if it was a mistake?
Something definitely was wrong with the pricing.

Warren

Did you get up off the floor on your own or did they call 911. Did you ask if it was a mistake?
Something definitely was wrong with the pricing.

Warren
Did you ever check the Costco web site grocery department for Kobe beef? You can order Prime Rib for about that price. I never would have expected a 10lb chunk of beef would run for about $1000.00, wonder if anyone ever ordered some?
A G K

Did you ever check the Costco web site grocery department for Kobe beef? You can order Prime Rib for about that price. I never would have expected a 10lb chunk of beef would run for about $1000.00, wonder if anyone ever ordered some?
A G K

This might be hard to find so go to Costco web page, then Grocery, then Gourmet Foods, then Meats. This
https://www.costco.com/meat.html should get you there.
A G K

that's funny!

to the OP: try the Walmart on university pkwy in Winston towards the north end you will pay $3ish/# for packers.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: 357mag
I couldn't even find anybody in the meat department to ask so I just let it go. But it sure was amusing. I would never buy anything less than a full packer anyway. A full packer is juicier than a small flat in my opinion. Besides I can get a packer at Walmart fro $3.49/Lb any day of the week.
that's funny!

to the OP: try the Walmart on university pkwy in Winston towards the north end you will pay $3ish/# for packers.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Thanks, I will give that one a look. I live closer to Kernersville so I rarely shop over on that end of town, but it is not that far out of the way for me.

LOL. Probably a typo for $9.99/lb which sadly is close to what I typically see IF I see a brisket.

did you check with bay meats on perkins ave across from the old kroger and brass pelican? i assume they can get you a brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky