And, did you know about this??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerrykr

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
So now we all know about the tabs on the ends of the foil box, have you ever pulled into a gas station and didn't know which side of the car the gas filler cap is on?

I know I have, especially in rental cars.

Well, the answer is right in front of you on most late model cars. Look at the gas gauge. There is usually a little triangle on one side or the other of the gas pump symbol. That's the side of the car where the gas filler is on the car.

A few cars don't have the little triangles, but look for which side of the gas pump symbol the filler hose is on, that corresponds to the car's filler cap.

It's not true. The gas guage on our Ford Freestar has no triangle and has the handle on the passenger side. The fuel-filler door is on the driver's side.

yeah, just looked at Snopes myself.

It seems that the triangles are good indicators, but the gas pump handle may or may not help. All the cars I checked had the triangles.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky