An unforseen Christmas gift from me.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benchmark

Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Concord,NC
Well today I got my first smoker it is an Old country Brazos smoker sells for $999.99 it has been used once still has the sticker on it and he needed $200.00 and he sold it to me for $200.00 ,I said are you sure he said yes. So now I can start learning the art of smoking!

th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

I've got the Brazos. About 1 1/2 years after upgrading from a NBBD. I love it. It's heavy as all get out though. A couple of months ago I noticed that the end of my front porch deck and roof was sagging. Yeah, you guessed it. Now I've got the deck jacked up and supported, with additional support under where the Brazos will go. It's sitting on a trailer in the back yard. Too wet to get my truck in there and bring it around front.

I like to smoke year round and this has put a damper on things. I did a turkey Thanksgiving morning and with the cold and mud it was miserable. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel though.

Hope you like your Brazos!

Regards

I've got the Brazos. About 1 1/2 years after upgrading from a NBBD. I love it. It's heavy as all get out though. A couple of months ago I noticed that the end of my front porch deck and roof was sagging. Yeah, you guessed it. Now I've got the deck jacked up and supported, with additional support under where the Brazos will go. It's sitting on a trailer in the back yard. Too wet to get my truck in there and bring it around front.

I like to smoke year round and this has put a damper on things. I did a turkey Thanksgiving morning and with the cold and mud it was miserable. I do see the light at the end of the tunnel though.

Hope you like your Brazos!

Thank ks and everybody I will get some pics but right now I'm in a motel room in Bedford Va. just started a job up here. I was saving my money I have bought a 250 gal propane tank to build a RF smoker but at what I bought this one for I couldn't pass on it.But I'm going to have fun learning to smoke on it!
Regards

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky