An "Initial" question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thesmokindogs

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 12, 2016
Sloan, NY - suburb of Buffalo
Doing a fair bit of work in information technology (IT) I'm used to acronyms o'plenty. But in wandering around this and other boards on smoking I've come across a few that I'm curious about.

I'm sure they refer to different types of smokers but knowing what they mean would sure make more sense!

MES
GOSM
CG
WSM
...and any others you think of.

Thanks!

Doing a fair bit of work in information technology (IT) I'm used to acronyms o'plenty. But in wandering around this and other boards on smoking I've come across a few that I'm curious about.

I'm sure they refer to different types of smokers but knowing what they mean would sure make more sense!

MES
GOSM
CG
WSM

Thanks!
MES: Masterbuilt Electric Smoker

GOSM: Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain (smoker)

CG: Char-Griller (smoker)

WSM: Weber Smokey Mountain (smoker)

SPOG: Salt Pepper Onion Garlic

OKJ: Oklahoma Joe (smoker)

This could take all day.  Here you go!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/smf-acronyms-definitions

MES
GOSM
CG
WSM

Thanks!

I am fairly new to this forum as well but I believe these to be the acronyms.. Other members maybe able to offer more..

MES= Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
GOSM = Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
CG= Char Grill
WSM = Weber Smokey Mountain
IT= Internal Temp

I am fairly new to this forum as well but I believe these to be the acronyms.. Other members maybe able to offer more..

MES= Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
GOSM = Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain
CG= Char Grill
WSM = Weber Smokey Mountain
IT= Internal Temp

Joe Black
FB. Fire Box

CC. Cooking chamber

PP. pulled pork butt

And the list is endless! [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky