AMZNPS in the Mini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

little smokey

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Omaha
Has anyone used it in a Mini and placed it on top of the steamer plate?  I just got away from buying chunk woods and have a range of different flavored pellets I would love to use.  If so what kind of temps have you gotten it too and had no problems with producing good smoke?

That is what I thought about temperature also was just hoping someone would tel me different based on their experience.  

I run my tubes in my propane smoker and they do okay until the temps get above 285 then they just ignite.

I tried the tube at steamer tray level with a diffuser running the smoker at 265 at the cooking grate and the pellets ignited.

Save those pellets and use them for cold smoking! Put the AMZNPS at charcoal grate level. Put the steamer tray in as a diffuser, and maybe a terracotta tray. Cold Smoke small batches of cheese, bacon or whatever!

I am already hooked on cold smoking cheese and using my AMZNPS in my MES also, I was just trying to prevent having to go to the store to buy chunks for my Mini.

One thing that you could try is doing a mailbox mod for the mini. I have been thinking about that with mine. I currently have a mailbox rigged for cold smoking in My GOSM, and UDS. I'm just not sure how it'd do going from the 3" exhaust i currently have down to the 3/4" air inlet I have on the mini. I may play around with it a bit this weekend just for fun!

Has anyone used it in a Mini and placed it on top of the steamer plate?  I just got away from buying chunk woods and have a range of different flavored pellets I would love to use.  If so what kind of temps have you gotten it too and had no problems with producing good smoke?
I have used the AMZMPS to cold smoke cheese with no problem...Of course the temperatures here in Pittsburgh have been in the 20s or below so raising the temperature in the mini was not an issue.

Cheese came out great by the way.

John

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky