AMPS question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnb5

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
I am building a smoke house about 4x4x6. I am going to use a propane burner for a heat source. Will the AMPS provide enough smoke in an area of this size? I sure don't want to over smoke my sausage and such but I don't want to underscore it either. Thanks for your input.

That's a pretty big space, but just as a pure guess, I'd say you may be okay with a 5x8 AMNPS. Maybe better if you lit both ends.

I am building a smoke house about 4x4x6. I am going to use a propane burner for a heat source. Will the AMPS provide enough smoke in an area of this size? I sure don't want to over smoke my sausage and such but I don't want to underscore it either. Thanks for your input.
They say it will fill a barrel with smoke. Since I have a UDS I know that it will do that. I have on occasions lite both ends. It will only burn half as long. You could always use 2 if needed. Or you could call Todd at Amazen Products.

Happy smoken.

David

I would go with the Amazing Tube Smoker.  It puts out too much smoke for my MES. IMHO

I use the AMNPS in my MES & it's perfect for me, but I think the Tube Smoker would be perfect for your smoke house!!

Bear

Ok guys. Thanks for the help. How could I use chips or chucks with a propane burner? I mean how would I get smoke instead of just torched wood

Using a propane burner, the smoke HAS to enter ABOVE the flame or the flame will consume the smoke....

Bear is spot on..... use the AMNTS..... tube smoker...... get the big/long one.... 18" I believe....

Last edited:
i have a coldspot freezer conversion and used 2 amnps in a mailbox mod setup. worked great. i am always tweeking and have now gone to a AMNPT. loads of smoke. i actually fill it 1/2 way up full length. PLUS i welded 2 together for longer smokes. could only get the 12" here in canada and shipping from the states costs about the same as the unit SOOOOOO i improvised. the bonus of the tube smoker is it can also be used in your grill.

Goliath

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky