Ampns

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
http://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amnps5x8.htm

It's a smoke generator originally designed for electric smokers. It uses Pellets or bbq sawdust to create smoke. Since Electric Smokers need to be at around 225f to actually burn the chips, you can't cold smoke with out one. It also lets you not babysit the smoker. Fill the tray, once it's going, unless some thing goes wonky; it's good for 8-12 hours.

They can also be use in a non electirc smoker. ans as tom said they are good for cold smoking because they do generate a lot of smoke without a lot of heat. I have used mine in my WSM (Weber Smoking Mountain) 22.5 as a cold smoker to make beef jerky. I have seen someone i think use it in a stick burner as cold smoker. you can use it in an electric smoker with hot smoking too (search for mailbox mod). it relatively inexpensive (about $25-30) and you can get any flavor of pellets you like, so its a very versatile equipment to add to your lineup.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

i want to thank you guys for informing me on amnps. i'd had seen it mentioned in the forum but didn't have any idea what it was. now i'm a little less clueless as the wife would say. thanks again.

i want to thank you guys for informing me on amnps. i'd had seen it mentioned in the forum but didn't have any idea what it was. now i'm a little less clueless as the wife would say. thanks again.
No worries, I didn't know what it was forever when I was perusing the forums until it was driving me mad and finally I saw a picture of one and realized it wasn't some grand wizard of BBQ level secret ;)

I use the tray for cold smoke mostly. Does good for ham and bacon.
IMG_20180414_114140.jpg

Make sure it has something over it to keep it dry inside the smoker:D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky