AMNS vs AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rondar

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2010
North of Deetroit
It looks like AMNPS is the tool to have as I've read on posts.I have the smaller AMNS and thinking about upgrading to the AMNSPS I know theres more flavors with the AMNSPS.What if any is the difference between the two? Does the AMNSPS burn better and better?Does it light easier than the dust? And has anyone used the corncob pellets ifso what did you use it on?Has anyone mixed dust with the pellets?Thats all I think I need to know Thanks

I have both. I use the AMNS and dust for cold smoking, and the AMNPS and pellets for hot smoking in my MES. I think those are the primary reasons to have one or the other. I bought the AMNS when Todd came out with them, and then added the AMNPS after he came up with that design, Love them both!

It looks like AMNPS is the tool to have as I've read on posts.I have the smaller AMNS and thinking about upgrading to the AMNSPS I know theres more flavors with the AMNSPS.What if any is the difference between the two? Does the AMNSPS burn better and better?Does it light easier than the dust? And has anyone used the corncob pellets ifso what did you use it on?Has anyone mixed dust with the pellets?Thats all I think I need to know Thanks
I have both and the pellet burner is more versatile and you get a heavier smoke as well.You cant mix dust with pellets,the dust will smother the pelets.The pellets are a little more difficult to get going and you need better air flow to keep it goin but nothing major.Definetley worth getting.I dont even use dust burner anymore.

I have both and the pellet burner is more versatile and you get a heavier smoke as well.You cant mix dust with pellets,the dust will smother the pelets.The pellets are a little more difficult to get going and you need better air flow to keep it goin but nothing major.Definetley worth getting.I dont even use dust burner anymore.
When my AMNPS came in, I had misplaced my small propane torch so I used my Bernzomatic MAPP torch to light it.  Woo Hoo, does that ever work!  From unlit pellets to flaming yellow coals in about 3 seconds.

Photo is from yesterday's airflow test of  warmer cabinet mod - just lit with the MAPP torch.

I too use my propane/MAPP torch to light my AMNPS. I will hit it for three seconds stright over the top of the end of the pellets, then three seconds through the access hole on the side of the AMNPS tray. Lights and burns everytime.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky