AMNS made more "amazen" for MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I ran the smoker at 275' for 3 hours and not a single pellet ignited. They should be nice and dry now for an actual ignition test.

I agree with the other guys!
It looks like a really good idea, but I think it needs more air flow underneath.
Some type of short legs should do the trick!
Very interested to see how this works!
Al

Very cool idea (BTW, I use that Dremel cutoff wheel at least once a month).

The other thing I like about your idea is that it eliminates the "row jumping" problem some people have reported, at least for any smokes requiring fewer than three rows. In the two years I've owned my AMNPS, I think I've only used the three rows when doing Pork Butts.

4 hour chicken breast smoke...

Meat is done but I think I'll let the pellets continue on for testing purposes.

Wood feeder is half way out and air flow seems perfect for the front row.

Attachments

• 20180125_223310.jpg
    20180125_223310.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Bearcarver

Sounds like it's working Great !!:)
Congrats!!---Like.

Bear

That looks awesome, what a cool mod!

As you practice you will likely use a lot of chicken because it is cheap (it's what I practice with).
As long as you aren't using more than 50-60% Hickory or Mesquite I would suggest you try out a 2 row burn of pellets on your chicken smoke during your MES tweaking trials.
I think you will find that with quick smokes (1-5hrs) that the flavor from a 2 row AMNPS burn is AMAZING!!!!

Doing so will also let you start to fine tune any pellet combos to get the perfect level of smoke on cooks that are between 1-5 hours. It's 2 birds with 1 stone testing... and you can eat the birds after :P

Keep up the tinkering! :)

Eat the birds... that's funny.

I agree, the last time I had this much fun was when I got my first 3d printer... but I couldn't eat the products of that endeavor...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky