American Slicing Machine model number location

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

s10sleeper

Original poster
May 26, 2024
I acquired an old meat slicer that was at our farm, brand is American Slicing Machine. I’m uncertain of the model number, what I’m able to find cast on the bottom of it is the number 11159. Does this have anything to do with the model? Or where can I find the model number on it?

Reactions: DieselTech
I acquired an old meat slicer that was at our farm, brand is American Slicing Machine. I’m uncertain of the model number, what I’m able to find cast on the bottom of it is the number 11159. Does this have anything to do with the model? Or where can I find the model number on it?
Got any Pics of the slicer. We like pics.

Are you trying to find parts?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Excuse that it’s partially disassembled, the things needing cleaned really bad because it’s sat in a shed for over 25 years

Attachments

• IMG_4763.jpeg
    IMG_4763.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4762.jpeg
    IMG_4762.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 13
Excuse that it’s partially disassembled, the things needing cleaned really bad because it’s sat in a shed for over 25 years

Thanks.
Not yet looking for parts, hopefully everything inside is ok once I clean it all. The fact that it’s an oiled electric motor is surprising to me, the only other oiled electric motor I have is for my forge blower, and it’s 120 years old

Not yet looking for parts, hopefully everything inside is ok once I clean it all. The fact that it’s an oiled electric motor is surprising to me, the only other oiled electric motor I have is for my forge blower, and it’s 120 years old
That's a nice looking Ole machine. Definitely need to get that back to it's former glory.

To me that machine looks like a 1940's-1950's era machine.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Reactions: s10sleeper
That's a nice looking Ole machine. Definitely need to get that back to it's former glory.

To me that machine looks like a 1940's-1950's era machine.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
Yeah, I’m definitely wanting to get it working, as a kid I remember my dad using it a lot because people would bring them their beef and venison and pay him to make jerky. He had 5 dehydrators that would be constantly running. My grandfather must have bought this a long time ago, when he also had his 4 smokers built on trailers. He never skimped on anything, when he bought things or had something built, it was always the highest end of things. I’ve got one of the smokers he had made in the 60s, and you’d think it wasn’t more than a few years old

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky